Clutch Adjustment

murox

Hello,

I just got an 05' shee a few days back, and it's a beast compared to my old machine! Anyway, the clutch has lots of play before I feel it start to bite, and I think this is causing it to make a loud and violent "clunk" when shifting from neutral to first or to second. Can anyone give me a quick demo of how to adjust this, and tell me what tools will be needed?

Thanks a lot! :cool:

slack up your cable at the perch, drain your coolant and oil, pull the cluch cover off get a wrench and phillips for the adjustment in the middle of the preasure plate...

rzpics027.jpg

press against the actuator lever till the pointer on it and the pointer on the case line up then set the adjuster in the middle of the preasure plate .....

rzpics030.jpg

rzpics031.jpg

then re adjust the slack back out of the cable at the perch.

your welcome.

Lol, thanks for the help, I'll look into doing that. Also, coolant looks low on this baby, what kind can go in there, that little tank under the seat that is. Also, what's the deal with radiator fluid, what goes in there and where do I access the opening for it from?

Lol, thanks for the help, I'll look into doing that. Also, coolant looks low on this baby, what kind can go in there, that little tank under the seat that is. Also, what's the deal with radiator fluid, what goes in there and where do I access the opening for it from?

wow... definitely new to banshees...

welcome to site and welcome to the best ATV ever produced!

coolant and radiator fluid is one in the same, as in it is the same thing. i use engine ice, but there are other types or radiator fluid to use. first you need to get a phillips head screw driver and you remove the radiator cover, three screws, then open the radiator cap and pour the fluid in. that simple. the "little tank under the seat" is the radiator overflow.

my suggestion would be to buy a clymers manuel and take your bike completely apart to familiarize yourself with the shee we love most between our legs.

good luck bro and welcome to the community!

Edited by tapout94