I'm embarrased, but help.

wiseguy

soory for teh double post ;p But I noticed you said t-6 and jetted, did you make mods to the air intake? if not you may want to look that direction for more air. careful not to lean er out. go to toomey web site to find the correct combo. ( air intake + fuel jet size ) \

My dauhgter is running t-6, jetted and an air filter and she stomps well, errr beats my 4 stroker. also you may want to research the perfect drag gearing. imho first one to third wins ;p Banshees have optimum gearing or sprocket sizing for that amount of power. spend the cheap monies first.

Remember dont lean her out and remove that friggan TORS. they wiggle or crack suck air and frag the pistons.

G luck

well I decided to wait on the port job. Im definitely doing the timing, reeds, and rejetting it for now. I heard Chariot timing plates were pretty good. Also, the vforce 3 reeds. Oh and I'm gonna lose the TORS and remove the air box. 2 UNI filters? I also heard K&N's get to much sand in them. I do mostly dune riding in Mexico, AZ, and CA.

I know a lot of people have probably posted about this topic in the past. I'm being spanked by a few sport quads out there that aren't banshees. I have an 06 with t6 pipes and jetted. Nothing else has been done to this bike. I like to keep it as close to stock as possible. Anyways, as soon as I hit 3rd gear everyone passes me up. I take off in second when we go head to head and I must be doing something wrong. Anyone have any tips? I'm doing something with the reeds soon and maybe a boost bottle. Cool heads down the road, but nothing too drastic. I love banshees, I just want to be able to show other people why I do. Please help!!

dude how heavy are you,and how long have you been riding.even though you havent done much to your shee something is wrong with your set up.not long ago when i was stock wheel base and only had a piston kit jetted stock carbs and a 14 tooth front sprocket i was completly spanking guy's i ride with.trx 400 yfz 450 raptor 660 etc.you shouldnt be gettin spanked you should at worst be running with them i would say,someone correct me if im wrong.rider makes a big big difference but motor/hp does help.and your t 6's are fine better than the pipes im running by a little bit.no one has mentioned weight transfer to you.i say make the back just a little lower than the front for some traction.also play with you suspention setings can help alot. badbanshee's have serious traction problems.the 4 strokes are hooking your spinning.lower your rear some and i bet you do better.also sit way back on the seat when in dirt or sand till you get moving and slide forward after moving.when i first got my banshee my buddy's yfz 450 was a good race he wont hardly ride with me anymore.if your a real light guy have your fly wheel lightened but not good if your a heavy rider.are you still running your snorkel and stock lid.what main jets are you running.definatly advance your timing will make a difference but run super unleaded.there are many other simple things you can do just adjusting etc.there is alot that these guys arent telling you simple stuff that dont cost money.what air pressur are you running in your rear tires etc.get some port work and have yor head done and those 450's will have gravel marks in there plastic.bob at rb racing will port your cylinders for 225.00 and does good work.if i can think of some other tips i will fill you in.

ps i had to edit to give you a example,my other quad is a 03 ltz 400 with a athena big bore kit,hot cams,hot rod,rev box trinity stage 5 full exhaust,k&n no lid jetted plus a bunch of other stuff.i out run a stock raptor with a pipe and jetted just the other day and my z 400 dont stand a chance in hell against my banshee in no way shape or form.you need to find someone you can trust to set up your bike 4 you.and like i said get it ported the difference in power will be nite and day.good luck

Edited by dirtfreak

wiseguy.... i had the same setup as you t6's jets i never had a problem with most of the sport quads theres absolutely nothing wrong with the t6's their great pipes the biggest thing is you need to get that thing some more air your bike will love the clamp on k&n filters and just get that thing jetted right. i am also in buckeye, where do you ride at? Tom

As posted, don't waste your money on a boost bottle, I would be glad to give you mine so it can suck for you. Biggest waste of $150 I ever made. If you want to race, go Cheetah Cub, if you want to ride, get it ported and bump the timing.

Love the sig pic!! Was that landing smoothe??

Sorry for getting off topic, but I think he has his answers, and I have nothing to add.

wiseguy.... i had the same setup as you t6's jets i never had a problem with most of the sport quads theres absolutely nothing wrong with the t6's their great pipes the biggest thing is you need to get that thing some more air your bike will love the clamp on k&n filters and just get that thing jetted right. i am also in buckeye, where do you ride at? Tom

I used to ride out by Hasayampa, but I heard of people getting tickets. Then I used to go to Watson road north of the I10, but then I heard friends of mine getting tickets. I'm riding out by deep rainbow somewhere now. Where do you ride in town? Or out of town? I go to glamis and buttercup, but my favorite place is el golfo de santa clara in mexico.

we still ride out by hassiyampa you just have to stay away from the freeway thats the only place that was getting ticketed your ok if your north or south of the freeway. my buddy lives right off the river bottom just south of i-10 and we ride through the barricades to get from his property down into the river and we never have any problems. the sherriffs were only giving tickets to people to get the crowds down so there was'nt so much dust surrounding the freeway. and we still ride at watson, but dune season is pretty much here and we will be out at gordons well for most of our riding. where are you riding at down in rainbow valley?

Love the sig pic!! Was that landing smoothe??

Sorry for getting off topic, but I think he has his answers, and I have nothing to add.

Yah, the dunes at Sahara were backward that weekend so the landing was 40 foot drop down the normal long and steep side of the dune. It was like a giant stepdown, really kick ass jump. Some guy was out there from Claremore, and he shot a ton of pics, but I lost most of them after he emailed them to me.

To Wiseguy: In case no one said it, don't let off the throttle to shift, just lightly pull the clutch real quick (QUICK being key there) and bang the next gear, it will probably make a huge difference for you.