GREGROB has come out of the closet

dajogejr

There is a reason for that.

BOSS is the manufacturer, I am the dealer.

He lets his dealers be professionals. SO I made the suggestion, and he agreed...

My call to him was to inform him what I planned on doing about it...and see if he had other/better ideas.

I didn't lose any money from you...after fees and in order to move them, I sold them for a buck or two cheaper and didn't tack the paypal fees onto the sale. Not your fault, and..it's a couple bucks. I didn't say I lost a buck or two from you, just that I did.

And on the wrong tires sent to you...

Maybe one day Unicef will get into the aftermarkets parts business...but until then....

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe one day Unicef will get into the aftermarkets parts business...but until then....

lol nice....

Correct me if I am wrong but when I got those tires and wheels from you, you had not become a "dealer" for him yet, I were not even marking upp the prices at that time to make a few bucks.

SO my whole oint is I bought the SET of tires and wheels from Boss, not from you, not from Skat Trak. So in the end it was his responsability to fix the problem and no one elses. Thats one of the reason I told you I didnt feel that you should have to refund me the money, an that I wanted to just fix it with Jason. But as you said, bro dont worry about it, I will have these things sold before this weekend.

lol nice....

Correct me if I am wrong but when I got those tires and wheels from you, you had not become a "dealer" for him yet, I were not even marking upp the prices at that time to make a few bucks.

SO my whole oint is I bought the SET of tires and wheels from Boss, not from you, not from Skat Trak. So in the end it was his responsability to fix the problem and no one elses. Thats one of the reason I told you I didnt feel that you should have to refund me the money, an that I wanted to just fix it with Jason. But as you said, bro dont worry about it, I will have these things sold before this weekend.

I was then and am now a dealer.

I gave it to you at cost to hook you up and do something good...

The refund eventually would come from BOSS. But that's to me...not you.

Again...it's a business scheme you don't seem to be getting, Greg..

If you bought a Chrysler car....would you drive to the HQ here in MI to get warranty work done?

You think someone from MI would come out there to see you?

No...you work with the dealer. That's me.

And just like Chrysler HQ...they would've done the same thing. Worked with you through the dealer...

If the dealer told you to get bent (which...clearly I didn't do) they would've reprimanded that dealer if/as necessary, and probably directed you to another dealer....

But if you drove your car to MI for warrarnty work wouldnt the "dealer" fix it till the consumers happy?

Now do to the problems with these products Boss has lost a potenial buyer. Had the situation gotten resloved I and anyone for that matter would be more inclined to buy more from them knowing that they will ake it right it there is problems

Whats the saying? A happy customer is a customer for life?

But if you drove your car to MI for warrarnty work wouldnt the "dealer" fix it till the consumers happy?

Now do to the problems with these products Boss has lost a potenial buyer. Had the situation gotten resloved I and anyone for that matter would be more inclined to buy more from them knowing that they will ake it right it there is problems

Whats the saying? A happy customer is a customer for life?

Again...no. The dealer would fix what is wrong or incorrect. Which was done. What you're asking for is a refund for the whole car because the headlight didn't work or a cigarette lighter was faulty....

A warranty is provided for items that are defective and faulty...neither are the case here.

Do you think a yamaha shop would give you a refund on a bike because you fouled a spark plug? Ah no...

There is a difference between a happy customer and an unsatisfiable customer....

I promise the loss of you as a BOSS customer will not prohibit from others buying from me or BOSS....in fact, I have more orders than I can get pricing on and keep up with....and I'm expanding...

Here's my saying.

You can please some people all the time, you please all the people some of the time, but you can't please all the people all the time.

Here's what you and I are effectively doing.

The people that don't like me...weren't going to buy from me anyways.

The people that do...are going to buy from me anyways.

I'm quite certain you're not changing anyone's mind....the fact that I've gotten about a half dozen PMs in the last few hours confirms that in my mind...

I made it right. I was fair. I was as just as I could be. Like I said....this is not a try it before you buy it industry.

If the item was faulty, fine. Chamfering valve stems could happen and does happen to any rim, car, trailer, bike, ATV, etc.

Out of the 5 people that bought their spindle mounts from me or from Ebay...none of them seem to have the issues you are...and I'm sure if they did, sand paper and 10 minutes would've solved that.

You can sit outside the BOSS shop and sing cumbya....in a boycott, but it's not changing anything...

I can assure you there are more then I that feel the same way about this topic and will not buy a Boss product.

Retail stores make money on one thing. Customer satisfaction. PERIOD. Like I said a happy customer is a customer for life. In this case, the problem was not fixed, it was dealt with. Sandpaper and 10 mins or not, the products are brand new and should not require any modifications on the part of the buyer. Human errors occur, but human errors on all three of the products purchased? Like I said in the other post about Boss, they have a lack of Quality Control.

When you buy something that is a set, unless the customer wants to separate the set and refund a portion of the product, which just about ever company in the United States wouldn't allow you to keep a portion, the company is responsible for the WHOLE set, not just the part that is wrong. Boss sold the set, not only the rims or only the tires, the set, there for if the custom wants a refund for the SET a refund should have been due. At NO POINT should a customer have to find a place in town to pull a tire of a rim because the store only wants to refund a portion of the SET.

By your logic, if you buy something at Wal-Mart and you open it up and it's got a part that

It's a good thing you don't build your own engines...because you'd end up exchanging things 100 times because nothing in this sport/game is bolt on and go...

You think the majority of builders have a large variety of machines/tools to make these builds because they like spending thousands and thousands of dollars on stuff that bolts together??

Try putting your own motor together, and you'll be begging for it to be that easy...not to mention chassis with brackets that don't line up 100% perfect, etc.

Like another wise man said, if everything was that easy and the same in this sport, Walmart would carry it.....

I challenge you to find another shop or builder that will give you a refund or exchange something because you didn't like it...I assure you I'm not the only one.

Buy a 10K motor, blow it up...after a few times at the track/dunes...see if they take it back. Your fault or theirs. Guess what...not going to happen...

You guys can compare apples to oranges all you like...I don't get how you compare a mass produced product like those sold on the shelves of walmart to custom built equipment and supplies....that were NOT faulty in the first place....

Like I said...those that weren't going to buy things from me before still aren't.

And those that do...well...still do.

I have a question sir.

what exactically are you a dealer for?

skat track, boss and what else?

i have seen a lot of posts of you offering deals to members on

several different sites.

I can get just about anything....sometimes I can get you a smoking deal, sometimes I can't.

And if I can't...I'll normally tell you where the best deal is.

But that's not customer service....it's just me working for free....

I don't make a killing or a fortune, just supplement my income a little, while trying to give people a fair price and good service.

Like I said, can't make everyone happy....but those that have done business with me will continue to do biz with me because I've treated them fair....

I sell parts and services for a friend and don't make a dime on what he does. Not a dime....but he's been a good friend and helped me when I needed it..so that's me returning the favor...

I was just saying wal-mart is dumb enough to take anything back. But that is a multi-billion dollar chain I'm sure. With the relatively small market of aftermarket banshee parts sometimes you have to take the bad with the good. Get the part, either make it work for you, or you can see if you can get a refund. If they won't, sell it and try again. That's just how the world works sometimes. And it's easy to fix, just don't buy from them again if it was really that bad.

I've bought a couple Boss products off of ebay and while the carrier I got wasn't the greatest thing in the world, for 100 bucks I got what I paid for in my opinion and its been working fine for me. The intakes are badass though, I love em and would recommend them to anybody!