thinking of changing to aftermarket coil

highroller355

Ford Vs. Chevy...

I like my Nology setup, looks nicer, better quality wires and a nice ground strap on each.

I can't verify this with numbers, but I can tell you grab a spark plug with your hand and kick the bike on a stock coil, then a Nology coil.

It's the difference between a kick to the shin and a kick to the nuts.....

Ford Vs. Chevy...

I like my Nology setup, looks nicer, better quality wires and a nice ground strap on each.

I can't verify this with numbers, but I can tell you grab a spark plug with your hand and kick the bike on a stock coil, then a Nology coil.

Thats a funny way to put it.

Ford Vs. Chevy...

LOL I like that. I think im going to pick the nology up also when i get things back together

I think I would stay with the stock coil. I picked upthe Nology Coils/wires a year ago and really didn't see much of an improvement. I ended up selling the Coil setup to another member on here only to find out that the setup had died. I returned the money and had the person send the coil back. Once the coil came back I checked it over and decided to verify it had died, and sure enough it was dead. That coil had maybe 30hrs of riding, Nology and the shop I purchased it from were unable to do anything for me.

Like I said before stay with the stock setup, it works well and is a 1/3 of the price.

I haven't used the dyna, so I really couldn't tell you. They put out quality stuff, I don't see any reason why not to try it.

However, since you're staying on gas...not sure if it's a great idea.

I've had my Nology for three years now, no issues.

my friend JT has had his now, longer than me, no issues.

You're bound to get a bad one sooner or later....I have zero complaints about mine!

Ignition is critical on any build, when I built my 4 mil cub in 06 I bought a new Ricky Stator Stator (biggest mistake ever) a new Dyna programmable ignition AND a Nology coil w/ hotwires.

Out of those three...the Nology is still the only one I have left. I sold the Dyna (no time to program, etc.) and the RS Stator went out on me TWICE....

The nology has never let me down.

I too think the stock coil is the way to go.

I love the dyna ignition, I've run one for two years now and noticed a nice difference when I switched from the stock CDI to the dyna, and that is without re-programming it.

I do think the nology coil would prove useful if you're spraying nitrous, or have a forced induction, but on a typical, naturally aspirated engine, the stock coil will provide ample spark, and costs a lot less...