aftermarket cdi questions...?

twinrock

hey guys im running a banshee top end with a rz bottom end and stator and cdi...it seems too work but wondering if its a bit of a miss match in timming etc..anyhow i was lookin at getting a banshee cdi...i already have a timming plate so i just need a cdi and i see some after market ones available ,with out variable timming curves etc.. just better spark and more rev range..or so they claim,anyone have any experience with these..

http://www.farmandsandtoys.com/partdetail.asp?partid=41

thanks

No offense to my brother Jeff, he has to carry those for buyers...but they're junk.

If you're going to go aftermarket ignition, go with a Dyna. It's the only aftermarket CDI worth a scrap....

I've seen those cheap 100 dollar aftermarket boxes burn out quicker than stockers....stock ignition on banshees is actually very good.

If you have the time to program the dyna to your needs, I say go for it.

I had one, never had time to hit the dyno, and I sold it to go back to stock....and I just use a plate.

No offense to my brother Jeff, he has to carry those for buyers...but they're junk.

If you're going to go aftermarket ignition, go with a Dyna. It's the only aftermarket CDI worth a scrap....

I've seen those cheap 100 dollar aftermarket boxes burn out quicker than stockers....stock ignition on banshees is actually very good.

I had one, never had time to hit the dyno, and I sold it to go back to stock....and I just use a plate.

I agree with all of that...... Except I run a Dyna without a plate as I have the resources to properly work with the Dyna reprogramming software. :geek:

I agree with all of that...... Except I run a Dyna without a plate as I have the resources to properly work with the Dyna reprogramming software. :geek:

Well LA DE DAH :biggrin:

I am not familiar with that term. Is that French or jus Canadian? :woot:

haha :laugh: I was waiting for something like that,lol.

Now is there a big difference in an aftermarket CDI, say the Dyna? Like how do they work and what do they change? They are fairly expensive are they not?

If you already have the RZ CDI then run it, as they have a hotter ignition curve over the stock banshee. They have 4* of advance over the stock banshee CDI, which in my opinon is better than a timing plate advanced 4*. The best RZ CDI is the 52Y 50.

The stock Banshee CDI advances to 23* and the RZ advances to 27*, if that helps.

Mike

Edited by RZBansheeMan

yeah man, im running the RZ ignition on my banshee, the start of the curve is advanced compared to the banshee and the end of it is stock, which is how you want it

twinrock your from OZ arent you?

ive got a mate coming round tonight to help me start wiring up my Zeeltronic Programmable Ignition and Programmable PV controller, cant wait!

Here's a question for ya CDI guru's... Whats the difference between the DYNA and a Vortex?

I use a Vortex on my 450 and I wouldn't mind messing around with some maps.. but I dont have any of the software or interface cables for it..

I am not up on the 450 stuff, but I don't think you can actually make your own prgrams for the Vortex.

With a Dyna, I can waddle out to my bike with my laptop, plug into the CDI, and flash in anything I want using their Curve Maker software. You almost need dyno time or some simulation software to be efficient in doing ignition map creation though........... :geek:

I am not up on the 450 stuff, but I don't think you can actually make your own prgrams for the Vortex.

With a Dyna, I can waddle out to my bike with my laptop, plug into the CDI, and flash in anything I want using their Curve Maker software. You almost need dyno time or some simulation software to be efficient in doing ignition map creation though........... :geek:

I just wanted to tinker with the program. I guess the software is available through Duncan racing for engine developers.. thats not me. lol

• 4 months later...
  • 8 years later...
On 6/2/2008 at 7:45 AM, dajogejr said:

Can you run a dyna cdi without programming it? If i were to throw a dyna cdi on my banshee without hooking it up to a computer to program will it run?