clutch adjustment

drksuroo

I recently got my banshee and I have a question about the clutch. Whenever the bike is in gear and the engine is revved with the clutch lever pulled completely the bike still moves. I don't have any more adjustment up top near the lever. Does the clutch need to be adjusted inside? What's the best way to do this? Thanks!

I recently got my banshee and I have a question about the clutch. Whenever the bike is in gear and the engine is revved with the clutch lever pulled completely the bike still moves. I don't have any more adjustment up top near the lever. Does the clutch need to be adjusted inside? What's the best way to do this? Thanks!

yes you can adj it in a the basket.only thing is have to drain all fluid to get to it..get your self a clymer repair book if doing it your self...

Take the clutch cover off and there is a screw and a nut that run directly through the middle of the outer pressure plate all the way in and makes contact with your ball and rod loosten the lock nut and turn the screw in when you get it to where you want it tighten the lock nut .... MAKE SURE IT IS TIGHT and then put her back together..... all done really easy

Take the clutch cover off and there is a screw and a nut that run directly through the middle of the outer pressure plate all the way in and makes contact with your ball and rod loosten the lock nut and turn the screw in when you get it to where you want it tighten the lock nut .... MAKE SURE IT IS TIGHT and then put her back together..... all done really easy

I understand that you have to remove the whole cover to get to the clutch as in the shop manual. Is there such a thing as a case that you can remove just the small clutch cover and get to the clutch? I took off the small cover and it was solid underneath. What's the point of that? Can it be modified? (I have seen the cascade ones with the removable side cover.)

Edited by drksuroo

Ok so I have successfully learned how to take off the cover because I've done it four times now. I adjusted the clutch so the arrows line up. When I shifted into gear the bike lurched forward (with the clutch in) and died. Next I adjusted so the arrow was on the left side like a friend of mine and others have suggested. Still lurches and dies when shifted into gear with clutch pulled. What the heck is going on?

• 4 years later...

i was reading some of the questions about the clutch and you answered it i diddnt kno it was that easy to adjust. just wanted to say thanks..