Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bansh-eman

New Banshee 500cc 4 Stroke...

15 posts in this topic

anyone see the newest DirtWheels mag? theres an article about a 4 stroke 500cc Banshee... i didnt read it cause i was on my way out the door but wondering what Yamaha was thinking or if its just so custom bike someone made....

thats fine... i was heading out the door at my buddys house and he was like hey you seen this? i saw on the cover what it said and just told him man dont get me started...so i havent read anything, or heard about this story even until tonight...

couldnt tell you.. i didnt look at the mag, not sure if it the april versio or an older march or what...it was on his table and i glaned ovr saw it and we left...im hoping thats what it is...

It is the april fools edition....Its one of yamaha prototypes for solutions the the banshees emisions, it has the R6 engine aperently......but Its not going into production....cause well supossedly the Raptor 700R is the "solution"....pffft.....like you man, don't get me started...hahaha

*new user not sure how to post yet lol*

I was just lookin at that mag, (yamaha banshee 500cc, twin-cylinder, fuel-injected, four-stroke screamer) now in my mind that is not a banshee and never will be just because it's not a 2 stroke, but they say the banshee 500 has the capabilty of producing 85 hp. this would make it the fastest quad one could buy. however, it's more likey that yamaha would limit the power to somewhere between 60 and 70 hp, for saftey concerns.

I think this could be a fun quad to ride when its built but it could be years before you see it in your yamaha dealership.

I think this could be a fun quad to ride when its built

It's not going to be built.

Yeah, it's an April Fools thing that Dirt Wheels does. Go read the other million threads about this topic.

I've heard it comes stock with Nos and long travel. We are talking at least 150 hp!

Im surprised nobody else has chimed in yet!

HAHA. Wheres loco and firehead when you need them :yelrotflmao: :yelrotflmao:

They're probably just avoiding the thread so they dont get arthritis from typing on this topic again lol.