banshee spitting coolant from overflow

this is a good one. the motor will spit coolant out of the overflow once the engine is warm. but the coolant that is coming out of it is not that hot. you can touch it and yes it is hot but not that hot. about like dish water. the motor runs great, jetting is right. if you shut it off it will blow coolant out of the overflow. we tryed a differnt radiator cap. same problem??? any ideas?? blown head gasket?

it is a fresh motor. has about 10 hour on it. has been doing it since rebuild. it is 20 over. milled .030 head. mild port job. 2-1 pipe. k&n filter in the box. 280 main jets. it is not running lean and it is not getting hot. but it will blow coolant out if you are riding it and let off and run a low rpm, or just idle, or shut it off. only does this after it gets to operating temp. ???????????????????

i will try the head gasket.

Make sure you buy a stock head gasket from yamaha. Most of the aftermarket gaskets suck. Also, make sure your cylinders seem to be flush with each other on top while you have the head off. If you can get a good straight edge, lay it on there to check the cylinders and the head. I've been told the head gasket can fill in defects up to .006".

i was going to post about this too, im in school so i have to type this fast, lol :lol:

but the other day, i think saturday, i started the engine after draining some fuel, and was trying to get the last bit out of the carbs, so i was revving the engine, and i looked, and coolant was coming out of the overflow every time i reved the engine, not at the peak of the rev, at the bottom, like just before it started to idle again. it didnt pour out, but it didnt just drip out either...

also, after i drained the fuel and started the engine to get the remaining fuel out, i looked at the exhaust, and i noticed only one was smoking bad because of warm up, and that was the right side cyl., so i put my hand over the left, and revved the engine, and it wasnt even running... :unsure: so i dont know if this is because only the right side cyl. got the remain gas and the left was starved or what, but i got worried. i didnt have any mixed gas at the time, so i couldnt mix the right ratio and tryand start it then, so i still havent tried it, just wondering if i f*cked something up, or if it was just cuz the left cyl. was starved for fuel at the time...

any help would be appreciated...

oh yea, and sorry for kinda stealing your topic.

Did it just start doing this. Could be a head gasket or a pinched line. Mine use to loose coolant during rides and I did this...... http://kuoi.asui.uidaho.edu/~john/tips.html

Damn Rod...you read my mind.

I just had 10 bottle brackets fabbed up to mount the overflow bottle in the front of the bike.

Works a hell of a lot better than hose clamps.