Need a concealed carry

sheerider11

I have not been on any Banshee site for a long time.  I have been thinking about breaking out my banshees lately and got on the site to see what's up.  With 5 pages of thoughts I don't have the hour it would take me to read it all so I will just give my opinion im sure I will be agreeing with some of you.   $200 for a shield is a good price.  Shields are great guns and if you also have a bodyguard they are a great combo since everything is in the same place.  You should always train with your CCW so its just instinct not thought.  I stated carrying in 2003.  I have many ccw's and have carried them many ways.  I am a IWB carry guy for the same reason Im am not an open carry guy.  Like locogato said I don't want to be the first one shot.  Its also why I hesitate to wear gun shirts or even camouflage.  I LOVE LOVE my sig 938. Its one of the smallest 9mm's and bullet size counts.  If I know Im going to get in a gun fight I don't go.  If I know im in a sketchy place I wear my 938 since my shot gun is to big.  Since I do my best to not put my self in that situation I find my self carrying the first CCW gun I bought a KEL TEC .380 because of its size and comfort.  I am not recommending a keltec I have maybe 10 hours of gun smithing to make it shoot every time I pull the trigger but the frame is the way to go.  I recommend the LCP frame (I have not put my hands on a LCPII but I image its that much better) for shooters or the bodyguard (just a touch bigger).  With the belt clip you don't even need a holster.  I clip mine on my waste band or my front pocket.  In your pocket it looks like a knife.  Again the sights suck on the LCP and the trigger is not great but they are not for targets they are CCW's.  Way back when they changed the laws here in Missouri I did a bunch of research on what I should get.  I am a big fan of .45's so I was leaning that way but read a forum post from an old timer and it always stuck with me. In it he wrote he felt way more safe with his .380 in his pocket than he did with his .45 in his glove box.  He went on to explain the size of his 1911 was making him take it off for comfort when driving.  He would then find him self just running in to a store "real fast" and not grabbing his gun out of laziness.  15 years after I read that I still feel it was to best advice I could have found.   

I have the lcp 2 and it has a great trigger compared to the lcp 1. That is my full time carry. You almost forget it’s even there.

I also have a glock 42, I like the gun a lot better but it is bigger and not as comfortable to carry.

I have the lcp 2 and it has a great trigger compared to the lcp 1. That is my full time carry. You almost forget it’s even there.

I also have a glock 42, I like the gun a lot better but it is bigger and not as comfortable to carry.

I really like the new lcp2. I shot my buddies last month and next day went out and bought one. I haven’t carried with it yet because im not sure it will go bang, but i do intent it to take over my bodyguard.
  • Like 1

I really like the new lcp2. I shot my buddies last month and next day went out and bought one. I haven’t carried with it yet because im not sure it will go bang, but i do intent it to take over my bodyguard.

Good friend of mine carries a bodyguard and I have shot it a few time. I HATE IT compared to my lcp2. I have been carrying the lcp2 for a little over a year now. I shoot it regularly. I have honestly had less jams with it than my glock 42 or even my h&k vp9 (which is my favorite pistol to shoot)