2 into 1 intake

Hey everyone, "This is for a friend"... no really it is and I have no clue on an answer for him. Will a setup work with 2 into 1 intake and 2 pipes out or does the 2 into 1 setup have to be in and out? He already has a set of pipes and a guy we know has the intake. My buddy is not a racer so we already know this is not going to be the fast set up but he wouldn't mind the torq on the hills. Like I said we are just wondering if the setup will work or if he should just go with dual carbs in a stock/close to stock size.

Thanks all

13 hours ago, ZillaFreak said:

It really doesn't matter if it is a single carb with dual pipes/single pipe or dual carbs with dual pipes/single pipe.

I ran all 4 setups. Just need to learn how to jet and find the combo that works best together.

What manifold does your friend plan on running? What size carb? What pipes? Any other mods?

Stock stroke, stock jugs bored to 65mm, I think a Paul Turner mx port on the jugs (something that took away the band at the top of 2nd and 3rd), and t5's. I think by manifold you are referring to what I would call the intakes? If that is the case he does not have anything yet but that is the 2 into 1 setup I'm talking about. A guy we know has the 2into1 intake and has a drawer full of carbs but not sure what size. 

He just wants to build something torqy and reliable that he doesn't have to tinker with so probably a set of small carbs or 1 medium.