Correct place to post, new rider, jetting

jjurado

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys, If I add porting and instead of the Rad Valve I add a V force 4 and change the atiomey T6 for T5's, what jetting do you think would give me pretty close? If Just don't want to buy a bunch and start trying, I am sure with your experience and guys running similar set ups ypu can get me pretty close. I am at sea level and temp is 80-90.

Thank You

it all depends on the porting. 

If you go to a good reputable guy, like a forum sponsor, he will port it, find out all of your mods, and get you in the ballpark jetting. 

Personally i would run pro circuts before toomey pipes. 

your riding around your farm you said right?  so its like myself.  I have SLP pipes, the bottom and mid range is outrageous.  if you like to keep it more on the higher RPM, some CPI or something similar is a good pipe, but you will loose bottom end. 

First step is where you want the power, then figure out pipes, then get the porting made to match those pipes. 

2 hours ago, ginger said:

it all depends on the porting. 

If you go to a good reputable guy, like a forum sponsor, he will port it, find out all of your mods, and get you in the ballpark jetting. 

Personally i would run pro circuts before toomey pipes. 

your riding around your farm you said right?  so its like myself.  I have SLP pipes, the bottom and mid range is outrageous.  if you like to keep it more on the higher RPM, some CPI or something similar is a good pipe, but you will loose bottom end. 

First step is where you want the power, then figure out pipes, then get the porting made to match those pipes. 

Thanks a lot Ginger for the input, very helpful.