Looking for the best route for a 10mil trail banshee

Paulie B

Ok I'm looking for the best 10mil trail banshee combo. Currently I have a 10mil bottom end, pro-mod trans, 34mm mikunis, procircuit pipes, re-chambered stock head for a 68mm piston, and vitos stealth jugs. Terrible combo, you guys were right a while back. My shee was fast but had a short lived light switch powerband.

For pipes I'm going with sbif Shearers. Carbs I'm going with 38mm keihins. 

Can I use my re-chambered stock head on a serval? Does anybody build a super serval worth the extra effort? Is porting a serval worth the money?

10 mil 465 serval, or if you wanna wait longer a 521 super serval is doable. Redline has done a few Super Servals and yes, the porting is worth the extra cost and effort. Seems like the Super Servals take some time to get of they are between casting runs at CP. Mine took a while to get the cylinder.

If you go Super Serval, you'll need a big bore pipe. The small bore Shearers wouldn't cut it. That said I've got a set of big bore small flange in frame Shearers if sell ya if you're serious. 

Also, just get a new head and get domes from whoever ports it b

10mil 465 serval has all the power you could ever want in a trail bike. You will never use all the power in the trails. The supers do not make enough extra hp to justify the wait and cost imo.

Sniper pipes are the shit on servals. They fit better and make better power on the top and bottom compared to shearers.

I love how people try and go cheap after we tell them not to and regret it

Giving away "TSS" for FREE!!!

3 hours ago, Paulie B said:

Thanks for the reply. How long of a wait are we talking? Redline doesn't list the super as an option on their website. It looks like you can get one from fast.

How much for the pipes mang?

You'll have to call and talk to Cam at Redline. A 521/472 is a bit under powered for a woods bike imop.  A DM motor would be the logical engine to build.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pp13bnos said:

You'll have to call and talk to Cam at Redline. A 521/472 is a bit under powered for a woods bike imop.  A DM motor would be the logical engine to build.

underpowered? what do you mean? that's a 100 hp motor

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pp13bnos said:

No, only an 18mil triple will do for the trails, a dm would barely break the tires loose in a mud hole. You will also need a side by side to trail you with a 55 gal drum of meth to refuel. Anything less will be uncivilized

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, edgehanger said:

No, only an 18mil triple will do for the trails, a dm would barely break the tires loose in a mud hole. You will also need a side by side to trail you with a 55 gal drum of meth to refuel. Anything less will be uncivilized

LOL

I cant tell if he was joking or not in his comment.

Just now, Paulie B said:

I talked to the guys at sniper and they said they were waiting on stamps. That was 6 months ago.

I wonder if he was able to get stamps yet to put on the box to send you your pipes usually the post office has them ill let them know