35mm pwk needle and jet advise needed quickly!

Sneaking this in at work or I'd try to search on here n figure something out myself. 4 mil 421 with a "trail port", 35 pwk, air box with no lid, 93 pump, 1000-1200 above sea level, 65-85 temp. Carbs had dek needles in them when I got em, are they ok or what do I need? (Don't know shit about needles). And what would be a good starting point for the jets? I can get it once I have a close starting point, I hope. Oh and have a set of bills pipes for the time being.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Most people use CEL needles and are usually on the 4th clip or middle.  CGl is almost the same needle but a tad longer.

45-48 pilot and work your way down from a 158 main that will prolly be rich af but better to start on the safe side and work your way down on the main.  What cylinder setup do you have? serval ? driveline?

Most people use CEL needles and are usually on the 4th clip or middle.  CGl is almost the same needle but a tad longer.
45-48 pilot and work your way down from a 158 main that will prolly be rich af but better to start on the safe side and work your way down on the main.  What cylinder setup do you have? serval ? driveline?

Damn, got these carbs from west coast atv parts and had dek needles. Called driveline and they told me to not run cel that they are a pj carb needle. I know I've read a ton on here with people using cel. Maybe they didn't hear me correctly on the phone. I have cylinders from vitos, wish I could tell Ya more about them but haven't rode them yet and can't find much to read on vitos stuff. Thanks for the jet info and Ya would rather be to rich and go down n hopefully learn a little about jetting

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Hmm weird I never heard that before. Im not a seasoned jetting expert but ive learned a lot from reading on here and trying different things.  its not that one needle is better than the other, the letters represent the taper, length and diameter.  So take a CEL needle and a CGL needle.  They are the same letters except for the E and G in the middle, which represents the length of the needle, the G is longer. (which I mis spoke in my last comment) since the needle is longer is makes the needle a leaner needle.  Read through this.. depending on what your motor needs, jetting wise, that's how you can chose what needle might be better for your setup.

https://www.duncanracing.com/TechCenter/KeihinCarbJetting.pdf

page 10