Dreaded Exhaust Choice

BBoy69

its funny everyone hates on fmfs just bc they aren't shearers, they still ride like a nice pipe in the trails.  Also last I saw when I saw at driveline lane showed me a graph of a comparison between an fmf and slp pipes on their 392 stock stroke pump gasser. Fmfs came on just as strong as the slps up the face, but obviously slps peaked out at about 7 to 8 hp more iirc.  Still not an awful choice for a play bike if you already have em and wanna save 600 bucks.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ayesully810 said:

its funny everyone hates on fmfs just bc they aren't shearers, they still ride like a nice pipe in the trails.  Also last I saw when I saw at driveline lane showed me a graph of a comparison between an fmf and slp pipes on their 392 stock stroke pump gasser. Fmfs came on just as strong as the slps up the face, but obviously slps peaked out at about 7 to 8 hp more iirc.  Still not an awful choice for a play bike if you already have em and wanna save 600 bucks.

^X2!!

I think you need to figure out how you want the bike to act for your riding application. Also what kinda rider you are. A "lazy" rider may actually like something like slp's/cpi as it will come onto power quicker, stay in a higher gear and you won't have to have the rpms up as high all the time with say the shearers. While a "aggressive" rider may like the shearers or snipers more as they will rev out higher and make power later in the rpms and they usually rev out the gears more. There is nothing wrong with either style of riding and the nick names are exactly just that meaning nothing and more of a reference then anything. It's not based on skill level either. So then you come to the point after figuring it out that you want more hp then your had in mind and want the power to come on sooner. Well guess what now your going 10mil and starting all over again
But seriously If you want to try to get the most power out of your motor choose between cpi, shearers, snipers and slp's and choose if you want the power to come on a little later or earlier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14 hours ago, Ayesully810 said:

my SLP's cost the same as a new set of FMF's  iirc 

I think you need to figure out how you want the bike to act for your riding application. Also what kinda rider you are. A "lazy" rider may actually like something like slp's/cpi as it will come onto power quicker, stay in a higher gear and you won't have to have the rpms up as high all the time with say the shearers. While a "aggressive" rider may like the shearers or snipers more as they will rev out higher and make power later in the rpms and they usually rev out the gears more. There is nothing wrong with either style of riding and the nick names are exactly just that meaning nothing and more of a reference then anything. It's not based on skill level either. So then you come to the point after figuring it out that you want more hp then your had in mind and want the power to come on sooner. Well guess what now your going 10mil and starting all over again
But seriously If you want to try to get the most power out of your motor choose between cpi, shearers, snipers and slp's and choose if you want the power to come on a little later or earlier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

God damn it, this 10 mil and starting over is me to a tee. Fucking shit, lessons learned I guess

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

6 hours ago, specialblend07 said:

SLP, SHEARER or Sniper.

I'd say Shearer FTW

Id really like to try shearer pipes on my low ports to see how they feel.  My redline setup with the shearers was way too peaky.  If any one around the Mid Michigan has shearers ill trade and let u try my slps for fun :)

On August 30, 2017 at 3:27 PM, Ayesully810 said:

Id really like to try shearer pipes on my low ports to see how they feel.  My redline setup with the shearers was way too peaky.  If any one around the Mid Michigan has shearers ill trade and let u try my slps for fun :)

Jfc... Just sold mine to Gusto!