Wont start after rebuild

haven't tried different carbs yet, I traded a guy off south texas page a set of stock ported cylinders for a set of stock carbs and pods should be here in the mail soon, ill try those out and see if that makes a difference with a diff set of carbs.

#1 make sure pilot circuits are 100% clear , my jet drill kit came with a really thin needle like tool that fits perfectly in the snout of the carb down the angled hole in front of slide. I've had a few engines do what you describe. They needed bigger pilots with the porting. Don't get hung up on everyone else's pilot sizes keep giving her fuel 

2 hours ago, sleeper06 said:

#1 make sure pilot circuits are 100% clear , my jet drill kit came with a really thin needle like tool that fits perfectly in the snout of the carb down the angled hole in front of slide. I've had a few engines do what you describe. They needed bigger pilots with the porting. Don't get hung up on everyone else's pilot sizes keep giving her fuel 

Thanks carl. A 30 pilot has got it sorted out. 

• 1 month later...

update.. apparently this issue is NOT resolved.  This thing will still not start (this is my friends bike)

pressure test passed

all electrical components in the clear

vf2s, 140ish psi ,fmfs ,aggressive trail port, pods

- 32.5s still wont start it. If I put a little gas in the spark plug holes it fires right up and idles fine.  The air screw is at HALF turn out from seated, any higher than that and I get lean idle hang.  I know half turn and 2.5 is the ideal number, carl I know you said don't get hung up on the numbers but my 4 mil 421 with stockers has a 37.5 pilot idk why this aggressive trial port stock stroke would need the same.  thoughts? or just keep upping the pilot

• 2 weeks later...