Tune advice ping 1st gear

I have a stock 99 banshee fmf pipes and k&n cone filters straight off the carbs. I live 500ft above sea level and its about 60F out right now.

Mains are 330

Pilots are 30

needle is on 3 slot (factory)

air screws at 1.5 turns

checked air leaks

Carbs are synced,

can see the dots in the sight glass.

Top end was rebuilt back to factory about 10 hrs on it.

WOT is great

mid range studders a little until in the 3/4 throttle or more usually clears when warmed up completely.

1/8th throttle sounds clean....

My problem is in first gear holding it in the higher rpms it sounds pingy almost like a lean ping. 

Gearing unknown

Anyone experience this?? I usually dial them right in but this one is giving me trouble.

Maybe im just over revin lol

Not sure what the squish is at, I will test that tomorrow any specs on that test?? and what is your preferred method for conducting that test? I have used a piece of solder in the past the thicker stuff   Timing is unknown for now.  It has ams oil with premium   which is 93 octane here   36 to 1.      And yeah 10 thou is what the guy I got it from said which I work with him.

Thanks for the reply

When you cut it , try n get like .048 closest to wall 14* angle with 9-10mm band width. Now here's the issue, once you start shooting for optimal numbers like given above with stock head the chamber starts to become not optimal and might yield to high of static for your intended use. IMO I would have driveline mod your head to run domes and use his domes for your intended fuel , bang dome . I usually run a .018 metal style base gaskets

Sooooo. heres the update I'm at .055 squish left and right  I just trued the surfaces to get both sides equal and a little tighter. Like I said though I'm not looking to build a drag bike or anything just want a reliable almost stock unfortunately I didn't have room to do a plug chopp at the shop so I was able to do a few minutes in the higher rpms 3rd gear  heres the current setup. GOOD NEWS IS  the hesitation is gone and it runs smooth through the gears.

ELEVATION: 500FT

MAINS:   330

PILOT:     30

NEEDLE:  CENTER CLIP

FMF PIPES

NOW! FACTORY AIR Y WITH SINGLE CONE FILTER NO AIR BOX....

My concern is top of the plug is on the black side  (the very base where your supposed to cut but i forgot my drill on the run but you can see in it...) Anyways its white.  heres the picture if I can figure out how to attach it lol

some input would be nice. Thanks Guys!