Coating Pipes

I have a set of PC pipes that are pretty rough down by the cylinders. I was thinking of getting them ceramic coated, but some people say it will mess with the heat containment, resonance, and overall performance. Is this true? Polishing is not worth my time, as it takes hours upon hours. 

I was reading on this a while ago on the SnoWest forum.  A company (CCPerformance Coatings) that deals with sleds as well as cars claims that having your pipes ceramic coated keeps the heat in and in some cases have increased rpms and power.  

• Like 1

If you wanna see how they look black throw some plasti dip on them. I did mine and they still look pretty good after a year of riding.

Sent from Planned Parenthood

I thought about it, but don't like that look. My local Powdercoat shop does the ceramic coating in a bright shiny silver. Looks great. 

It's not recommended to ceramic coat but I don't think you'll notice much if any performance difference.

FWIW my record holding 650 cc has ceramic coated pipes.

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

That answers my questions. Thanks guys