Lock up clutch

Hello, I have an over-ride  with a lock up clutch.  The issue is that when i put it in gear, and rev it hard for a good launch with the clutch pulled in,  after a few hard revs it wants to start pulling before Im ready to launch.  And will die down if I don't let the clutch out.  Its very aggravating when it comes down to racing cause its a certain time that I have to let go when racing other bikers.  Has anyone had this issue and had a solution to fix this? BTW, Im on a 4 mil; drag port cub if that help.

Hello, I have an over-ride with a lock up clutch. The issue is that when i put it in gear, and rev it hard for a good launch with the clutch pulled in, after a few hard revs it wants to start pulling before Im ready to launch. And will die down if I don't let the clutch out. Its very aggravating when it comes down to racing cause its a certain time that I have to let go when racing other bikers. Has anyone had this issue and had a solution to fix this? BTW, Im on a 4 mil; drag port cub if that help.

It's called clutch creep and everyone experiences it. It can be worse with a clutch that isn't adjusted correctly. I always clean mine out in N and only shift into gear when I'm ready and I think they are ready. Something you'll have to get used too. If you have an adjustable clutch lever like an ASV, you might get a little more throw out of it and that cAn help too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ive ran one for years and never had that issue. I also had waaaay more weight than i should of. My clutch basket and clutch was beat to hell as well.

HMMMM,   Looks like I may adjust something.  But my clutch is pulled in well. I just thought it was the Lockup putting the extra weight on causing the premature pull. Not sure what  else I Could do. 

But my clutch is pulled in well

Does that mean you pull in your clutch lever all the way?

If you dont have the center adjuster in the clutch itself set correctly, it doesnt matter.

I just readjusted my center adjustment and took some weight out of my sling shot. My bike shifts much easier. However i have a pro mod. I took out my override for this new engine. It's basically irrelevant I even mentioned that.

I'm gonna go out on a bit of a limb here and say that if you don't experience clutch creep when your clutch is hot, then your clutch isn't fully engaged with the lever out and is slipping when under a heavy load.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Come to think of it, I really don't sit in gear and Rev it to hell over. I do that in neutral. Or I just rev one and dump the clutch. I used to keep it Rev before a friendly drag race. I'll try this weekend if I ride and see if it creeps.

A properly set up clutch will have almost no creep. The lockup is not turning with the clutch lever in and has nothing to do with it.

You should be able to pull in the clutch lever and turn the pressure plate by hand. If you can't do that you'll creep.

• Like 2

A properly set up clutch will have almost no creep. The lockup is not turning with the clutch lever in and has nothing to do with it.

You should be able to pull in the clutch lever and turn the pressure plate by hand. If you can't do that you'll creep.

Hmmm, if that's the case something is totally not adjusted correctly....cause mine wants to grab and go with the clutch in after a few revs. I've heard the clutches get hot, but I'm not sure the concept of it getting hot if they are disengaged. I'll start tampering around with some adjustments. I'll post what I find if anything. Thanks everyone for your feed back. Very appreciated

Hmmm, if that's the case something is totally not adjusted correctly....cause mine wants to grab and go with the clutch in after a few revs. I've heard the clutches get hot, but I'm not sure the concept of it getting hot if they are disengaged. I'll start tampering around with some adjustments. I'll post what I find if anything. Thanks everyone for your feed back. Very appreciated

For what it's worth there's a lock out thread with a gang of info in it. Cool to read through either way.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk