Things to look for when buying a banshee

Hey guys new to the fourm,

Looking to get a banshee. Any advice you can give me when getting one? What are things you commonly need replacing when you buy one? As of right now there is one for sale that looks like a good deal. It is an 04. Guy lost his job so he needs to sell it. Looks to be in good shape, has FMF SST pipes, says its low hour, top end was done 20-25 hrs ago, also says I can do a compression test. What would some healthy compression numbers be on a banshee? And he wants about $2000( Canadian ) which seems like a good enough deal. Most normally go for $2500+ in my area. Should I jump on it? Thanks for any help.

Any where around 120 psi if it has a stock head that hasnt been molsested. If its under that you have a good chance at getting a few bucks knocked off if hes a cool guy

Make sure normal stuff like the front and back breaks work. Got any pics of it? What are all the mods? 

Any where around 120 psi if it has a stock head that hasnt been molsested. If its under that you have a good chance at getting a few bucks knocked off if hes a cool guy

Make sure normal stuff like the front and back breaks work. Got any pics of it? What are all the mods? 

Won't let me attach them for some reason.

What are the mods?

Just pipes?  You get to test ride before hand?

Just pipes and jetted for the pipes. I wouldn't say i would get a test ride. I would never let someone test ride anything I am selling unless I have cash in hand. I would be surprised if he didn't at the very least start it up and rip it around for a minute or two.

Is there a title for it?

This. And test ride before. I personally quit letting people test ride my bikes after one kid ran my yz125 into the side of my truck. But that's another story.

Compression test for sure. It's it looks beat to shit in person, that would make me lower what id pay depending on local market....and how bad i want it. When i bought mine, i had the guy take off a good bit because he didnt know the bore of the cylinders. Turned out to be stock bore.

I would never buy a quad that is claimed to run without riding it first. If they don't let you ride it, don't buy it.

This.

I can ride a bike long enough and figure out how to make it not bog.

Count the number of teeth on the sprockets if you can. If he has like a 12 up front and a 44 rear you'll swear it's the fastest bike in a parking lot.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

I would never buy a quad that is claimed to run without riding it first. If they don't let you ride it, don't buy it.

Something to think about. I would never let someone ride one of my bikes if I was selling it. But at the very least I want him too see him ride it. Also thanks Dunatic for the link.