T5 Jetting

Switching from FMF Fatty's to Toomey T5's, current setup is:

350 engine, cool head, 21cc domes

320 Main, 30 Pilot, 1.75 turns out

+4 degrees of timing, TORS delete

K&N filter on Pro Flow adapter, airbox lid is ON

FMF Fatty's, stock crossover, no air leaks.

I'm also riding between sea level and about 800 feet elevation, typically between 30 and 50 degrees around this time of year.

Runs like a top with this current setup, starts first kick, no bogging, crisp response. Considering keeping the air box lid on year round, or at least the majority of the time. I did a bit of searching and it seems like most guys with a similar setup are where I'm at in jetting. I also ordered a set of 27.5's that should be here later this week if they don't clean up at idle with the air screw. Sleeper mentioned to me before that a lot of bikes up here in the Northeast like the 30 pilot, so I'm thinking it will be a good starting point.

My other question, if I was to use pod filters in the spring and summer (60 to 80 degrees roughly) what should I start with for jetting? Will the 340's I have be enough or will it need more?

Thanks in advance

I got the T5's from bigweav for $150 shipped to my door, the FMF's are ground down on the tips, one is bent outwards and broken where the silencer meets the pipe, expansion chambers are rusty and dented up bad, they are just trashed and look terrible. What I got for $150 is a 100% improvement. Just slowly trying to make it a nice machine, it was neglected and mistreated before I purchased it.

My other thought was that all the city kids want T5's. If I don't like them, I know I can get rid of them locally and fast on CL.

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply. When I got this bike it had 25's, going to 30's made it idle really good, start first kick and have crisp response. What would you suggest as a starting point for mains?

This is my first banshee, never rode any others before I got mine, and I never tried any other pipes besides these FMF's. After a lot of reading on here, seems like the DMC's are the best all-around choice. Probably what I'll wind up with when I can afford to buy new.

• 4 weeks later...

FWIW, I had the following mods:

T5's

stk head

stk bore

stk port

chariot non cross-over billet intakes

chariot billet reeds

stk carbs

K&N pods w/outers

+4* timing

91 octane running 40:1 and I ran the following jetting at sea level at Pismo Beach in Commifornia any where from 60-85* F.

stk needles, clip in 4th groove

27.5 Pilots

310 mains

airscrews 1.5 turns out

carbs sync'd and idle set to 1,500 rpms

I tried 30 pilots and it was a lazy pig and required a shit ton of clutch fanning to keep it on the pipe.

I lowered the needle and put the clip in the 3rd groove and that helped make it tolerable for the weekend.

However, my pre-mix is 40:1 and it has more parts per million fuel molecules than oil molecules than say someone running 32:1 pre-mix.

Therefore my jetting will need to be leaner than some one running 32:1.

Dune ported 4 mil stk cyl motors with similar bolt ons will run 30 pilots and 330-350 mains.