'06 Banshee Dream Build

jagged155

It all started with a 2006 Banshee that I picked up a couple hours away. Very clean, but not perfect. Had CPI in-frame pipes. Stripped everything down to the frame and that's where a cleanup turned into a complete build.

So far I have sent the motor to Duncan Racing to get an evaluation.

Was originally going to gusset and powder coat the frame but now considering a LSR frame/rolling chassis. Thoughts?

I have a preliminary build list I will share once I decide on the chassis provider. Pictures to come.

It all started with a 2006 Banshee that I picked up a couple hours away. Very clean, but not perfect. Had CPI in-frame pipes. Stripped everything down to the frame and that's where a cleanup turned into a complete build.

So far I have sent the motor to Duncan Racing to get an evaluation.

Was originally going to gusset and powder coat the frame but now considering a LSR frame/rolling chassis. Thoughts?

I have a preliminary build list I will share once I decide on the chassis provider. Pictures to come.

Welcome to BHQ. How did U go about choosing DR? Where u going to be using ur Banshee?

Loren and Leonard have a history with the Banshee platform, seems as though the shop is mostly 4 stroke these days. They are good fellas and I hope they as helpful to you as they have been to me over the years. However, there are plenty of options out there and it could really pay off to check out some of the guys still doing banshee stuff full time.

An LSR frame would be tits. What's your budget?

• Like 1

Lynn and Leonard have a history with the Banshee platform, seems as though the shop is mostly 4 stroke these days. They are good fellas and I hope they as helpful to you as they have been to me over the years. However, there are plenty of options out there and it could really pay off to check out some of the guys still doing banshee stuff full time.

An LSR frame would be tits. What's your budget?

Who else would you recommend as a back-up engine builder?

Yea, I really like the idea of a rolling chassis. I heard Laegers used to build Banshee chassis... I called them but never heard back.

Budget is flexible as I plan on keeping this for a while. Also not in a huge rush so I want to make sure I do everything right. I live on the east coast so just trails and small MX. Hopefully dunes one day.

Goal is to have the best overall build. Reliable and flexible for all riding.

There is a whole list of shops on the homepage. Some are vendors, some are engine builders, some are both. You'll find that there are things that you'll need over an extensive build l, and when that time comes just call around and see who you jive with.