Hq Noob T5 Question

So I plan on buying T5s next pay check. Was wondering if this perfect jet kit really is going to be perfect? Have read in some places to keep your stock needles an some say don't and ect...an I think it comes with #280 #290 mains. It is like $60 more to buy all that other stuff besides the pipes.

Should I just buy the chrome pipes and order the mains separately?

The needles I have it now are Vito an their not that good vs the stock needles but, bent the stock needles so stuck with them. So maybe toomey needles are better?

Haven't update my mods in awhile so here is where I'm at now: Vito needles,27.5 pilot, 260 mains,VForce4 reeds,Ehs Racing Lid, TORS..and I run somewhere between sea level-300 in 70-100 degree weather. 32:1 Klotz

Scared of wasting money and the needles be junk and I end up needing #300 or higher mains. Sorry if left anything out its 3 in the morning.. any advice would help. Thanks

The toomey needles are a must imo for stock carb. I could never get mine to trail ride smoothly until i slapped a set of toomey needles in. Hell, i even ran toomey needles with other pipes. The needles are longer then stock and have a longer taper to them making them have a lot more tunable for different riding styles.

I have stock needles in mine with T-5's, cool head, K&N, EHS lid also.

It's pipey as all get out, but I liked it that way.

Since you have Vito's needles I would recommend the Toomey needles too, I'm planning to get some also as my old arms are getting tired of the snapping  pull.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Waiting patiently for my pipes to come in this week. Been talking to a few people an everyone suggested around 320 mains to start an do plug chops to see where I'm at.

Anyways, instead of making a new thread just figured I'd ask it here....

Seems like I'm the only person in the world that their air screw won't back out? Can't find anyone with this problem. Why would my air screw back out 1.5 turns an then stop? The bike is tuned in at the moment but, about to re-tune when these pipes come.

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got my T5's today from Hsdracing and they already have alittle rust in the expansion chambers, is this normal? Also they have big dumb welds all over it. Never had aftermarket pipes so idk if rust is normal, I expected brand new pipes for that price..