Another 1/8 mile gearing question

Rednecklights

Ya, Those are great. Since new pumper carbs aren't available any longer and anything used is always a crap shoot those new seats are definitely the way to go if you run a pump but like my post said I was referring to gravity carbs. Do you know if anyone has tried running them w/o a pump John? Might be a great option if they won't leak.

Why would not want to use a pump?

Why would not want to use a pump?

I can't speak for everyone but I've had a hell of a time getting floats set just right on Lectrons with a pump. Of course there's a bandaid for that unless running asphalt. I prefer gravity any time it's feasible. Pumper PWKs are easier, but I don't run them any more.

I can't speak for everyone but I've had a hell of a time getting floats set just right on Lectrons with a pump. Of course there's a bandaid for that unless running asphalt. I prefer gravity any time it's feasible. Pumper PWKs are easier, but I don't run them any more.

We were talkin PWK needle seats. Leaktrons take work and there's options for set up that works with Leaktrons set up fo pump. I hate the recycled pot metal Lectron uses to make their non billet carbs and that's one point of why I don't use em no mo

We were talkin PWK needle seats. Leaktrons take work and there's options for set up that works with Leaktrons set up fo pump. I hate the recycled pot metal Lectron uses to make their non billet carbs and that's one point of why I don't use em no mo

Leaktrons!! Good call!

I bashed them forever for their shoddy craftsmanship but I finally gave in and like them now.

Leaktrons!! Good call!

I bashed them forever for their shoddy craftsmanship but I finally gave in and like them now.

U must like the shitty threads that strip out ez and the floats that get stuck between the pins that move from vibration and precision slide clearance etc lol. I used calipers on ev thing wid Leaktrons

U must like the shitty threads that strip out ez and the floats that get stuck between the pins that move from vibration and precision slide clearance etc lol. I used calipers on ev thing wid Leaktrons

There are a few fixes for the floats, as you know. But yea, they ain't the most Precision made parts fo sho. I've had 40 mm come with a longer slide than 44 mm. Never did figure that one out.

Fux wit CrankShop carbs?

Local sled guys talk them up.

Fux wit CrankShop carbs?

Local sled guys talk them up.

I bought a set YEARS ago for a triple, never could make friends with them. Jade converted them the alky and ran them on his BIG twin and they worked OK. They I think they were 52s. I was hoping for miracles, but they were so fucking big, and 300' is so short, I don't think they were a good fit for that. On a 1000 foot sled race I think you'd realize the advantages on the big end.

That all said, I wish the issue that was constant with Jades bike would have been realized when those were on it. Knowing what I do now, I think they would have worked well on his monster.

And now that I think about it, I have no clue where those ended up. Money well spent I guess.