Big bore vs sleeved

Gemeiner

What exactly is the difference between big bore cylinders and putting a big bore sleeve in? I have no idea. I read that there can be breathing problems with the sleeved.

I need new cylinders before i get them ported so im either going to get stock or big bore since i found a used set for 350.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Not exactley. You can sleev and port or even buy a sleeve with a relatively different port layout all together. The problem with putting a big bore sleeves in stoccylinders is that they choke off the already small transfer ports. Then you are trying to fill a bigger bore with less air/fuel mixture flow.

A "big bore" or aftermarket cylinder is typically the better option. There are quite a few different cylinders available now with a few companies offering different port layouts that accommodate different riding from Trails, Dunes , or Drag Racing. They typically have far better port layouts and larger transfers or even more then stock amount of ports. This allows far more ability for a cylinder to pump more air and fuel mixture which in turn makes more power. We are to an age where a lower port time cylinder can create almost the same kind of horse power as a high strung drag motor, but just a bit sooner in the RPM's.

So im building a mostly trail bike and this will be my first 4mil but i also ride wide open. Im looking for more bottom end but just more useable power over all. Would normal big bore cylinders or serval cylinders be better for me? Not sure what determimes the power curve

Huh. I thought big bore was basically stockers that come pre sleeved for strength to hold a bigger bore.

My stock cylinders are bored to 65 already from the last guy. I dont wanna put money in em if theyre basically toast.

Ill have to reach deep and just get the servals. Thats what i really wanted anyway. Wouldnt want to have to report when i can finally afford them. Guess this is why i have my credit card.

Thanks again dude.

Huh. I thought big bore was basically stockers that come pre sleeved for strength to hold a bigger bore.

My stock cylinders are bored to 65 already from the last guy. I dont wanna put money in em if theyre basically toast.

Ill have to reach deep and just get the servals. Thats what i really wanted anyway. Wouldnt want to have to report when i can finally afford them. Guess this is why i have my credit card.

Thanks again dude.

You may already know this, but buying just the cylinders is a fraction of what you will have to buy. You will need a lot more to make it a working engine, then there is a lot of other supporting mods that should(need to) be done. 

Give one of the sponsors here a call, and let em know your situation.

Ya ive been talking to Jeff and Cody at FAST. Pretty much replacing my entire bottom end except my stator and transmission. For now that is.

Ill probably be closer to 3 grand when im done since my motor was completely stock. I just hate seeing 4g on my credit card lol feels like slave labor at work. But i couldnt go without my bike for a few months so ill just eat the cost.