Widow maker squats. 225x27

Ayesully810

Thought DDQ would appreciate this.  Good way to test your mental strength is busting out an all out set with 225 after some heavy work sets. 

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/_LCwzqVzCEg"frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sounds like you use an RPE based approach, Good stuff.. I wear a belt up to 225 usually.  This is a 4x10mm belt so its not nearly as thick as a legit Inzer belt or something like that.  Back when I did powerlifting I would never do sets like this usually, If  I did it would be during a hypertrophy block and with more weight, 225x? Reps does not carry over to Max effort IMO when you are squatting in the 400s.  But it def helps with cardio vascular endurance and hypertrophy! :)

I've put hypertrophy on the back burner for now with my first meet coming up in Dec.

I need to really focus on my posterior chain until then. My glutes are my biggest weakness at the moment.

If you have access to a safety squat bar... Try good mornings off the pins with those! really helped bring up my deadlift as an accessory movement. Just a thought.