Cant seem to make it rich enough

Deezil

Newer to me banshee, Pipes, silencers, no airbox and K&N's on the factory carbs, reed spacer, tors removed. Other than that, to my knowledge there isnt anything done..

Currently I have 27.5 pilots, and Im up to 400 on the main jets, am I getting anywhere?

Today's run. With 360 jets. 

Thoughts?

ea672f3e242cedac666755e0475402d5.jpg
4796ad26f6e0b3ffae7a27712e3af9ca.jpg

And now 400 jets

e15ac688788b49d247f183600b357599.jpg
62acb8fd99cb4ce546e942ec5d3eeef1.jpg
e7fc6ef512171481a8c93bc8d6da6da2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Ill try to find another guage and retest.

ive tried a identical pressure gauge like you have, their not accurate enough at that low PSI.

with all the little leaks I saw in the video it should of showed at the least almost 1psi drop....

you had  MINOR leaks around the cross over tube, exhaust plugs and both fittings at the carbs.

I will say though, USUALLY when an air leak is present it would show on 1 plug, and usually the spark plugs don't come out identical (which his seems to be)

Have you checked to see what needles are in the carbs and where they are set? 

Have you tried running the bike with a smaller main jet  I think with the mods you have people usually end up in the 320 range? (someone correct me if im wrong here) 

Your jetting could be spot on from idle to 3/4 throttle and overly rich to the point it washes out the plug on a wot run.   how long of a wot run did you do?  have you done any decent wot runs on a smaller main?

I got the quad with 260 main jets, Ive been slowly going up more and more to 320, then made a big jump to 360 and 400 to try to make it over rich.

My WOT run setup is warm it up, take out plugs and install new ones, start it, pull onto road and floor it 1-6 and shut it off, pull the plugs then post the pics on the forum. Been struggling with it for a couple months now. :(

Oh, ok. So I should chop these plugs then.

I left a tiny bit of air pressure in it for 24hrs, and it had pressure left, after 24 hours. I screwed my racing pressure gauge in it. I'll test that tomorrow.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Another leakdown done with an accurate guage for checking race car slicks, shows each pound increments,  after 20 minutes the guage has barely moved at all... This thing is solid..

Ill chop one of the plugs next.

• Like 1