Jetting for serval vs cub

keep in my the stronger the pulse in the motor the smaller the main... you been running high end oriented motors which could make the difference.

On a side note... take note on what needles you are running.... my 10cub was showing lean with 200 mains.. after talking with FAST and Tedder on here the needle was overly lean and masking the rich main.

You're on a roll today.

Wrong again.

I've ran 39PWK on everything from a 4mm Cub to 10mm Cub to 18DM and now 24DM.

I've never had anything higher than a 162 main on any of them at 900' elevation.

I have to agree with tyler. I never ran a main bigger then a 172(was pig rich) on any motor. All my motors fell in the mid 50s to mid 160s

Edit: the only motor i had that used stupid jetting was a over ported cylinder with a bad dome setup

My 7 cub on gas runs 190's.  It is the only way to keep the motor alive on long pulls up the hill.  On short dyno pulls or just on and off trail riding or duning, the mid 160's to mid 170's felt and worked fine but as soon as you really load the motor for more than a few seconds, the bigger jets are needed with the 39 PWK's.  I never played with the 35 PWK's but it seems like people are able to run those with much smaller jets.

I talked with Slowerthanyou via PM and he confirmed that the bigger jets was the way to go.

The best advise I was ever given is, "Give the motor what it wants".

Good luck.

I'll have to agree with mailman, most of my customers run 1/8-1/4 but regardless of bike I give it what it wants . Don't get stuck on what everyone else has , do you. .

I'm going to reassemble and make sure everything is snug, and carbs are right.

Do another chop and see how plugs look and report back in a few days.