1st time Banshee Owner

Well I'm stalled for a little bit, somehow the ball on my motion pro throttle cable snapped off where it clips into the thumb. So I've ordered a new cable, 260 mains, and 27.5 pilot jets. 240 was the biggest jet I had on hand. Been discussing oil mix with local people, they say to stick to 8oz to a gallon but, not 1 person on here runs that much. I blew up my motor on 5oz to a gallon last time. Do you guys recommend 4 Oz to a gallon? My choice of oil is Quiksilver. Id like to hear someone's recommendation that actually owns a banshee. Don't want to blow it up again!

Well I'm stalled for a little bit, somehow the ball on my motion pro throttle cable snapped off where it clips into the thumb. So I've ordered a new cable, 260 mains, and 27.5 pilot jets. 240 was the biggest jet I had on hand. Been discussing oil mix with local people, they say to stick to 8oz to a gallon but, not 1 person on here runs that much. I blew up my motor on 5oz to a gallon last time. Do you guys recommend 4 Oz to a gallon? My choice of oil is Quiksilver. Id like to hear someone's recommendation that actually owns a banshee. Don't want to blow it up again!

I have no idea what these numbers equal out to..

40:1 or 32:1 is what most people run.

I've never heard of quicksilver oil. Maybe switch over to a better known brand if possible. Belray maxima klotz even yamahalube

Welcome to BansheeHQ

Ahhh yeah you need a little help. 

32-1 mix ratio = 4 oz per gallon

Please find a quality atv 2 stroke oil. Also continue to ask questions and LISTEN to members when they offer sound advice.

Once again welcome :)

• Like 1

Thanks Troy for the welcome! What's a good 2 stroke oil I can find at a local store? Need a good oil cause we go on 8 hour rides and don't want to blow up on the trails.

I already ordered the 260s so let's hope it works! Will order 270s if they dont.

I'm not seeing good results on the klotz, reviews say it gums up and it's also expensive. Is there a cheaper oil with no benol in it that I can find at autozone or walmart?

I don't know where you looked and see people having bad results.

But you can try 927, h1r, dominator.

Your trying to be cheap on the oil that lubricates your pistons and crank??

Does that really seem like the area you want to be cheap in?

• Like 1