Any big guys jocky their own quad?

guns4children

• 2 months later...

Man, when I can figure out how to get a banshee motor mounted in Camping tent poles, and get a 5 year old kid or teenage dwarf/midget with enough balls to jockey it, I'm sure I'll be a contender.

We have this guy named "stump" local and he is like 30 years old, 5'2" and 110lbs. Talk about a jockey

I'm 230 with stock stroke stock jugs .... Fat boy needs to go on a diet

First time at the track with the shee

e482999857bf62cc6bdf2a46a423bb6d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thats not too bad for first time out and what you're working with weight and motor wise. Pretty sure that's not far off what I ran my first time out on a 421 Cub.

I'm 230 with stock stroke stock jugs .... Fat boy needs to go on a diet

First time at the track with the shee

e482999857bf62cc6bdf2a46a423bb6d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Other than the reaction time those are pretty decent numbers, especially if its your first time out! 

Unless you're a Builder with a light weight jockey looking to do some impressive advertising I don't know why anyone who gets into any form of Banshee drag racing wouldn't run their own stuff. Just because your a big guy doesn't take the thrill away. And Guns - They run bracket sand drags at Bull Run Raceway so you'll be able to fit right in.

Here's my take on the big jockey racing their own quad. My one son & I are 220-230 & the lightest son is 180. We race the hill, 300' & asphalt racing heads-up, bracket & index. We are competitive in all classes & have won in all. Our bikes with heavy rider's are not the fastest, but they aren't slow by any means. The only place we race & use a lightweight jockey is heads-up in Gilbert, LA.

Unless you're a Builder with a light weight jockey looking to do some impressive advertising I don't know why anyone who gets into any form of Banshee drag racing wouldn't run their own stuff. Just because your a big guy doesn't take the thrill away. And Guns - They run bracket sand drags at Bull Run Raceway so you'll be able to fit right in.

Have you ever raced there? I talked to a guy and he said people from Michigan were coming in for the big money events and killing the locals.

Have you ever raced there? I talked to a guy and he said people from Michigan were coming in for the big money events and killing the locals.

I've not been there - Only found out about the place a week or so before their recent "Buckeye Brawl" event. 

My wife, son and I have run 1/4 mile asphalt for years because that's what track's are near us. Our home track is an easy 15 miles down the road.

If we hadn't already had plans for that weekend we would have gone and checked the place out for sure. It's only 65 miles from our door.

As for the Michigan guy's coming in, I say welcome! I've seen plenty of tracks struggling to keep the doors open and the facilities in good shape so bringing in the numbers is a good thing plus if they're good bracket racers it makes us have to sharpen our skills!  

• 1 month later...

Im from canfield and Ive raced tri county in lisbon a few times on my redline 10 cub. Im 215. Its my trail bike though. Talk to BuckeyeShee21. Hes my buddy and has a big cheetah and races every race at bull run and some at echo. Bull run seems to be real nice. Hes is a jockey though. As for michigan people. I can only speak for tri county and they show but never seem to win when im there. Seems the dam side by sides or auto 4x4s do the best with dial in races.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Edited by 2004LEBanshee