jogging

87sheerips

Started jogging again and man it feels good... Use to jog 3-4 times a week 3 miles but it has been a few years.

I just started back up a couple weeks ago... doing 2.5 mile clips @ about 9:10-9:30/mile pace.  Is that decent for a 32 year old?

Just curious what is the norm.  I am not in shape by any means but I feel like I am keeping a decent pace.

Any advice appreciated.  Its a huge stress reliever getting out there and jamming some metal sweating it out.

Merry x mas.

• Like 2

They say it's not really about the distance but about the time.

So set your time frame. Do an hour a day or every few days.

As of right now this is my best 1 hour run

3bb8be909eed130e6214a2b2fbdf6ce2.jpg

So my next 1 hour straight run I'm hoping to make 6 miles.

But for a casual run I'll get between 5-5.5 in that hour. I try to make it between 45 min to an hour a day. But 6 miles in 1 hour is a fairly achievable goal with easy training.

But all in all, go by time. Not distance. Because what's really a 15 minute work out? Not much can be achieved in that time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Every time you run try to go a little farther. Keep a steady pace, 9 min mile ain't bad. Running is all in your head. Overcome the mental barrier with running and you could do a miles on miles guaranteed. That's cool you run with your Dobey, it's fun with them! I used to have 2 and would take them out with me. People would see me coming with them and would cross to the other side of the street hahaha

• Like 1

Every time you run try to go a little farther. Keep a steady pace, 9 min mile ain't bad. Running is all in your head. Overcome the mental barrier with running and you could do a miles on miles guaranteed. That's cool you run with your Dobey, it's fun with them! I used to have 2 and would take them out with me. People would see me coming with them and would cross to the other side of the street hahaha

yea, just keeping at it not looking to make huge gains in speed etc.  Just consistancy so I can stay in decent shape.

The dobey keeps me under 9min/mile lol.