Project Banshee...Runs but only starts and goes under throttle

sr73087

So I drove it around the yard again and there is definitely a clutch issue. It will shift just fine through the gears while off but while moving it is very difficult to shift. So I drained the oil and found a good amount of debris in the trans oil. Is this much junk normal in wet clutch atvs? It looked like mostly junk with small amounts of metal, I am hoping this is mainly clutch material? With that being said this is the 1st time I am draining the fully filed trans since owning it.

IMG_2521.jpg

• 1 month later...

Well I was able to get back to this project today and am adjusting my clutch after installing a new cable. I it for a few minutes to warm it up and then shut it down and drained the oil. The magnetic plug had a decent amount of crud on there, I noticed 1 big piece of debris. The oil looked grayish. What does clutch material typically look like? I am pretty concerned but hoping this could be crud that had to be flushed out......maybe just wishful thinking.  

Have a pic of the debris?

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

Sorry this time I did not take a picture. Phone was inside charging. I'll snap I pic when I pull the clutch cover

Rather than guess and hope, why not tear it down and completely go through it. You had a minor air leak on the clutch side a year ago. Best case your out under $100 for gaskets,seals,and lock tabs plus you know exactly what you have.

Yea, you are probably correct. Is there a write up on here? I have the clymers either way.