Girls fastpitch

sleeper06

I am very proud of my little girl. I started training my daughter at about 4 yrs old , she is 12 now and I couldn't be more proud of player she has become. She is in 7th grade in our middle school and just got pulled up to play for JV as a pitcher. She started her first game the other day and recorded 6 strike outs, one earned run and one walk . It was funny to me as the other team was giggling and making fun as a lil pigmy took the mound. They soon relized they underestimated there opponent .she made girls 3 yrs older and a lot bigger look down rite stupid at the plate. I have taught her how to exploit hitters weaknesses and she did it with precision and poise . I couldn't be prouder. She also hit 51 mph on my radar gun , mixed in with 3 offspeed pitches she lit it up

• Like 4

I'm not sir about the eligibility end of it. Im not really so impressed with the competition so far. I coach the 02 Long Island riptide and my travel team would wipe the floor with with any team I've seen her play so far

My dad coaches a high school team here in PA they took second in the state last year. The summer ball teams usually have their shit together, and are much more competitive.

Yesterday was my girls 13th birthday and she played an away game not too far from home. She threw 7 innings recorded 6 k's and on walk. She had one slap hit lefty and a line drive single from the right side . It was s good day for the Vitale family . She liked hearing the other coach yelling at her team ( your getting beat by a 7th grader) it pumped her up more

• Like 1

I'm the head coach for our bowling team. We had a bowler compete in his 8th grade year on the JV team just to gain experience..  They tried to take his senior year of eligibility since he was only allowed 4 yrs of competition.  Luckily at that time bowling was only considered a club and not a sport so he got to compete his senior year and earn a few scholarship offers..   Just a heads up you might want to look into that if she's competing for HS.  Hate to see her loose any scholarship offers because she has to miss senior year.  MHSAA rules may be different then yours.. but its worth looking into atleast.

Yesterday was my girls 13th birthday and she played an away game not too far from home. She threw 7 innings recorded 6 k's and on walk. She had one slap hit lefty and a line drive single from the right side . It was s good day for the Vitale family . She liked hearing the other coach yelling at her team ( your getting beat by a 7th grader) it pumped her up more

That's awesome, I hope she sticks to it!

• 6 months later...