Ruger 10/22

sprinklerman

I hate skunks. My last house had a problem with skunks. they would travel across my backyard so i started trapping them. First one found out animal control wouldnt take them unless i register my trap. f that ended up shooting them. After the first one neighbors heard the shot and would close windows cause they knew the stink was coming. residential hunting at its best.

I found a class 3 dealer not too far from me. Now i need to decide whether to go with an:

1.internally suppressed Thompson barrel for  $545.00

2. A screw on can for $200.00 + threaded bull barrel = $ 350.00-400.00 total

Either way I'm getting a stock like Green posted (niiice) so thats a wash.

Input?

I've never had my hands on any of the KIDD products. They are all over ebay but I don't see much hoopla about them elsewhere. On paper their trigger stuff seems really nice and the barrels look nice. Im not a big fan of shooting multiple rounds through the aulm barrels. Like anything else there are a pile of barrel choices. The SS green mountain barrels are fairly inexpensive and look nice. Or you can jump clear to a VQ snake fluted or anywhere in between.

I've never had my hands on any of the KIDD products. They are all over ebay but I don't see much hoopla about them elsewhere. On paper their trigger stuff seems really nice and the barrels look nice. Im not a big fan of shooting multiple rounds through the aulm barrels. Like anything else there are a pile of barrel choices. The SS green mountain barrels are fairly inexpensive and look nice. Or you can jump clear to a VQ snake fluted or anywhere in between.

So for a " kind of tricked out, plinker/play " style gun , I'd be better served with a stainless barrel I take it?

And I'm pretty sure I'll go with the threaded barrel now.

Thanks everyone for the info.

I think for what you are doing the stainless or blued barrels will suit you well. Id also push for the threaded barrel because then you have the ability to build and play with other devices as you see fit.

Sounds good. That's the plan then. I guess I can do the trigger, stock, and threaded barrel now and get the suppressor " on the way". Dealer told me 9 months on paperwork.

So tomorrow is our company .22 shoot. I went and bought a vortex rimfire scope. I know there are far better optics out there but for sub 200 bucks it seems to be pretty nice. I compared it side by side with the leupold rimfire and the clarity was really similar with the leupold probably a bit better, but the vortex itself looks better IMO and fit my likes. The vortex was about 60 bucks cheaper so based on looks and price I went with it. Gun is just over 5 1/2 pounds now ready to shoot. I cycled 5 rounds through it to be sure it actually shoots and tomorrow it will get sighted in.

Posted Image