Ruger 10/22

sprinklerman

It's been a while since I've owned a ruger 10/22 and I'd like to get another.

1st of all, I've had a hard time even finding one new. Academy can't tell me when they're getting any, but they seem to have the best price. (199.00) for the entry model.

Any other places to look? My local gun dealers only have 1 of the ones with the rinky dink lazers and I don't like that.

2nd. What are the best " bang for the buck" mods to improve accuracy without getting crazy with the mods?

Thanks

get a .920 target bull barrel and polish your trigger components and use good ammo it will be damn accurate you will need a different stock to accommodate the larger barrel tho I think it cost me around 350 for barrel stock and a scope not sure if that's more than you wanted to spend or not  as far as where to get one im not sure

get a .920 target bull barrel and polish your trigger components and use good ammo it will be damn accurate you will need a different stock to accommodate the larger barrel tho I think it cost me around 350 for barrel stock and a scope not sure if that's more than you wanted to spend or not as far as where to get one im not sure

Thanks. I'd likely start with something more basic like a trigger mod...If that helps at all?

The barrel and stock sounds like something I'd tackle later on, but it's on the list.

Is that order of mods a good plan?

Thanks

yea just polish the trigger tho I wouldn't remove any material it will make it feel more crisp ant in stock trim they aren't too inaccurate so putting that stuff on the back burner should be ok

I was looking at these folks. Any good? http://brimstonegunsmithing.com/products/tier-3-basic-ruger-1022-trigger-work

theres quite a few pieces in the trigger group its not too complicated tho and my buddy got his trigger done by them he seems to like it and for 35 bucks if your unsure of yourself I would just send it out just an fyi  there are a few good how to vids on youtube on disassembling the rifle to clean it if you do ever need to tear it down

I have a 50 round drum mag just to mess around with and its a whore and a half to load up...I don't even really feel like shooting it when im done I can only imagine what the 100 round on is like to load I feel the 25 round mags are plenty but I like the 10 that comes with it the best I hate when stuff is hanging out the bottom of my target gun