HELP 472 supercub jetting, tried everything but still nuthin!

bansheeboie

to test the coil boots  unscrew them off the wires ( yes they do)  when they are off  run ohm's meter on the screw end adn inside where they plug into the top of the spark plug.  you should have about 5ohms  much more than that OR if they rattle.  they are bad and the resistor has broken or is cooked.    also  on the ends of the wires there can be rust in there where they screw on  clip the wire back a tad and then lil dilelectric grease and back together.   if the boots are screwed you can get NGK boots to replace them.   you can also check the resistance through plugs as well.  

the gap on the pulse is 20-25 tho.  i just put a business card inbetween the trigger adn the stub  on the flywheel and tighten them down.  with a wide gap the stator will give a very funky signal to the cdi and it will cut up on top bad.  check both triggers on the flywheel  seen some bent flywheels have problems and even one time a bent crank stub!

a 65hp 421 has some big time problems...  the entire setup needs looked at.  could be: it has some big time ignition, pipe choice, carb choice, low on compression, wrong / bad porting , if its pv stuck valves for sure from using wrong oil in gas mix, i see this a lot actually.  they wont open adn you have basically stock porting numbers on the exhaust.  talk about a top end killer,,  dome choice etc etc etc..

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What kind of riding do you do with it? Where?

Any thoughts of making a road trip out towards the Michigan dunes some time?

Mostly trail riding, I'm really impressed with the power delivery of this motor on the trail.  I find I don't have to down shift as much, tons of lowend grunt.

I'm in Western New York, about 15miles away from where Nick lives, lol.  And yeah, I'd love to head out to Michigan and ride dunes!  We really don't have much to ride around here!

Awesome cam I'll make sure I check evthing out during the week. As far as the 421pv I'm not sure what carbs he's running but I know redline did the porting, and he was running CPI sb inframes, not sure on rest of setup. I'm thinking about goin with redline on building mine but I heard Titan racing builds a good cheetah as well. Just trying to fig out where to send my motor to so I can get good numbers out of it when I'm done with this supercub.

Mostly trail riding, I'm really impressed with the power delivery of this motor on the trail.  I find I don't have to down shift as much, tons of lowend grunt.

I'm in Western New York, about 15miles away from where Nick lives, lol.  And yeah, I'd love to head out to Michigan and ride dunes!  We really don't have much to ride around here!

Nick moved to Denver.....and parted his machine.  :cry:  

If your thinking of coming and getting sandy.....I'm posting our 2013 dune dates just after the first of the year, so you should have plenty of time to get some days off work and plan a road trip.

Your more than welcome to join our group. I'll walk you thru everything you need to know to get into Silverlake without issues. You just tell me your "all in" for a trip and then all you'll need to do is show up and I'll guide you thru the rest. 

your on the right road...

jettiing is not 100% the same from motor to motor.  the more you play with it  the better it will get.  then the temp might change  and your all screwed up again..    BUT  get them close and you whould be fine for a pretty wide range..

yea i dont know anyone else that knows anything about PV motors  ( cough cough........(----_---")

Ok got it running better has good power throught 1st gear but when it goes into 2nd gear and I push the throttle it begins to die down, shud I go up on the needle and make it a leaner setting to clear this out? I went down on the needle earlier and it ran like shit!! Wud not rev out so I switched the setup to this. Current jetting is 158main ,50pilots,cel needle middle clip,a/f screw 1 1/2 out. Any suggestions??

Ok I dropped the main to a 155,52 pilot,cel needle 2nd from top,a/f screw1.5 out. It fucking rips! I'm not sure of its lean bc I haven't been able to ride it up long or get out of 2nd gear yet. I may go up to a 158 main just to be safe when I do plug chops at 1st. The cel needle in the middle was too rich, moving it one clip up cleared it out

• 2 weeks later...

I got it pretty close but I seitched off to 39pwks, with the 35s I was at a 155 and it still ran like shit! I prob wuda had to go to a 148-150main.

im currently at 158main,48pilot,cel needle 2nd clip from top,with 39pwks and bb inframe shearers. the 35 just seemed too small for my setup

I got it pretty close but I seitched off to 39pwks, with the 35s I was at a 155 and it still ran like shit! I prob wuda had to go to a 148-150main.

im currently at 158main,48pilot,cel needle 2nd clip from top,with 39pwks and bb inframe shearers. the 35 just seemed too small for my setup

im also at sea level. the middle clip was just way to rich and killed my throttle response past 1/2 way, so I went to 2nd from top with the 39.

• 3 years later...

1061ed172fbb84c0efd49c878a9f47ae.jpg

Hey guys new to the whole banshee scene. I have this kit and was wondering if anyone can suggest anything else to go with it. Stock transmission?Gears? Been told I'll need a override?

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

No you weren't. 547bdc9ac364f5632fc1ae241133d26e.jpgAnd start your own thread you'll get better results.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk