392cc Athena kit.

willardwright59

I got to try this kit out and figured id post because a lot of people talk this kit down.

I bought a banshee and it had a athena kit, it absolutly RIPPS! i really like the kit and its not "cheap" like everyone is saying. The cylinders and gaskets are quality. The pistons are not the best but ill run them till it needs rebuilt and go to wisecos.

The kit isnt for a guy looking for a big bore kit off the market, this is for the guy who needs a bore. Heres the way i thought of it

90$ bore

250$ piston kit

Thats 340$ thats half the kit price!!!

So u sell ur cylinders 200$

Sell your head 120$

So what u did is buy your rebuild kit, with a good set of cylinders for 680$ and u have a good deal.....

I guess id say a 5 star rating is perfect like a cub motor, these get a 3.5 or 4 star in my book. These cylinders are no joke.

The company; i have yet to deal with, but i will be communicating with them soon getting some inside shit for u guys here. I will be posting everything said.

Guys, theres no need for bashing here. Im just posting my review. Im sure if a few of you picked up this kit you would see what im saying. Plus u can pay to get the port job of your choice from a sponsor. Its still supporting one of our supporters.

What else have you owned to compare these cylinders to? I ask, because they WILL rip hard for someone used to stock cylinder mild motor. But for just a tad more change you can get a serval cylinder that has the quality factor with a super broad powerband and tons more support. Let us know some more details like what rpm it comes on at, when it signs off, how it feels to comparable "well known" cylinders, ect....

Last banshee i had was a 421cc cub. This kit runs about exactly like it (toned down of coarse) meaning if my old shee made 80hp this one makes 60ish. Rpm wise, well i have no way to tell you. I think this kit is awesome for the guy who rides trails, and to show buddies up on a back road (me) im going to do a full test when i get back together. Im going to compare this kit to a trail port motor with a 4mil. (Buddys banshee) and tell you how it stands to it.

My bike will be: athena kit, pro circuit pipes, 28mm carbs, no airbox lid, 19cc domes, vf3 reeds, +4 timing.

I will be trying both 28mm carbs and 30mm carbs

Buddys banshee: trail ported 65mm pistons, 4mil, vf3 reeds, 28mm flat slides, uni pods 22cc domes, wiseco pistons, +2 timing

Ive road his bike and im POSITIVE i can get what i need out of my athena bike to atleast stay with him the whole time. Then i will be porting it and posting new results.

Okay, cuz I've had the pleasure to ride a friend's banshee with the athena kit. My opinion is that it had a narrow range of power with no motivation under the pipe (T5s) and while it was fun, in NO way does it compare to my 421 serval. My serval definately has more power down low, and it revs harder and higher than his athena kit. On top of that, the casting was rough and visually asymmetrical. While I don't doubt the kit was cheap to purchase, I will have to say that in my opinion you get what you pay for. If you're willing to spend the money on the athena kit, save one more paycheck and get a CP industries cylinder. If trail riding and all around power is what you desire, you really can't beat the torquey broad pull of 4mm stockers or 421 serval.

Sold it to buy my new truck. And a buddy of mine is moving into town and wanted to get rid of this, it has so many spare parts that i could sell all the parts cheap and pay for the bike (2200$) so i couldnt pass this up. I really wish someone with this total knowlage of the athena kit could chime in and explain the improvements