banshee clutch adjustment

mclottusa

please help. when i adjust my clutch so that the arrows line up on the case the clutch seams adjusted properly. the screw and nut at preasure plate are tight. whene i put a little slack in the leaver the adjustment screw and nut at the preasure plate has a little play as if its loose. it doesnt seem loose if i pull on the leaver taking the slack out. is this normal?

Pay no attention to the line on the case. Just adjust the clutch on the perch and at the pressure plate and disregard where the clutch arm is in relation to the cases.

I've found the easiest way to adjust the clutch is to start at the pressure plate. Then adjust at the lever.

Pay no attention to the line on the case. Just adjust the clutch on the perch and at the pressure plate and disregard where the clutch arm is in relation to the cases.

I've found the easiest way to adjust the clutch is to start at the pressure plate. Then adjust at the lever.

yea i adjusted it at the presure plate then the perch. the locknut on the screw is tight. if i adjust at the perch so there's no slack the screw and nut at the plate seems tight. when i put just alittle slack at the perch the screw and nut seams loose. it's the nut inside the plate that the screw go's into which wiggles. is this because the plate is fully seated? is the nut inside the plate maybe wore out or maybe the plate itself where the nut seats? also should i use locktight on the locknut? gotta get this thing back together. i live in northern minnesota 30 miles from the polaris factory (i also work there). i get a lot of crap for owning a yamaha in polaris country . but when the banshee comes out to play the bullshit stops and i just laugh while waiting for everyone to catch up. HA! HA! gotta let em all know that YAMAHA RULES!!!!