BIG BORE VS SMALL

stroking

well i went from small bore CPI's to big bore sheares and i cound not feel a difference.

i may need to track test them to see what works the best,being that i can really feel any difference

motor is a 421 cub on alky.

got some 40mm PWK i need to try again the 37mm mikuni carbs,doubt theres much gain there either

Edited by stroking

well i went from small bore CPI's to big bore sheares and i cound not feel a difference.

i may need to track test them to see what works the best,being that i can really feel any difference

motor is a 421 cub on alky.

got some 40mm PWK i need to try again the 37mm mikuni carbs,doubt theres much gain there either

If they are inframes I have seen the CPIs shine with alcohol. May be so close you will need to dyno or run it on the clock.

• 6 years later...

Lots of talk about using stinger ID to retain or get rid of heat. Not much about what that heat does. Of course it can be power robbing or damaging, but it also makes the pipe act shorter, which makes the tuned length a higher rpm preference than a colder, "longer acting" pipe.

Maybe Gary will come back in here and explain more. He's probably tested lots and lots of different pipe sizes and recorded the temp as well. Which is why his IF Snipers allegedly make the best power on some motors. And there's almost no market for OOFs compared to IF..and just stamping the IF dimensions into an OOF won't necessarily yield the same results, even though in theory they should.

In all the motors I know of that have been tested, I've never seen in-frame Snipers make less power than the other pipes.

In fact, my new 4mm motor made more/better power with the Sniper in-frames than Shearer out-frames.

That said, LED has played with some various size stingers as well. And I know Cam has also tested some.

My in-frame LEDs have a stuffer that goes in between the expansion and stinger that did make a slight difference in RPM, but we didn't see any difference in temp.

There's a whole lot more info about this shit but NGAF really so I'm not going to bother wasting my time.

In all the motors I know of that have been tested, I've never seen in-frame Snipers make less power than the other pipes.

In fact, my new 4mm motor made more/better power with the Sniper in-frames than Shearer out-frames.

That said, LED has played with some various size stingers as well. And I know Cam has also tested some.

My in-frame LEDs have a stuffer that goes in between the expansion and stinger that did make a slight difference in RPM, but we didn't see any difference in temp.

There's a whole lot more info about this shit but NGAF really so I'm not going to bother wasting my time.

I GAF.  If you get the time, it would be nice to see/hear the information you/Cam have on the Snipers.  Are the track guys starting to switch from Shearers to Snipers now?

I GAF. If you get the time, it would be nice to see/hear the information you/Cam have on the Snipers. Are the track guys starting to switch from Shearers to Snipers now?

The out-frame Snipers haven't shown the gains the in-frame pipes have, so not really.

All I can verify is what I've seen with the in-frame pipe.