NEW INFRAMES

PassionRE

Thanks for the input on the silencers. We did the dyno runs using the same set of silencers on each set of pipes. We are going to use circlips with sparky capability. Were trying to cover all the bases...Jim

Yea nothing like seeing a 10K dollar drag bike with ghetto Cobra clamp on sparkies.

reply'n to CAL AKA kickstartmyfart

well you know what i say only way to know for sure what pipe you like the best is to slap them on the bike and give'r a whirl. i would say these would feel similar to cpi's with more overrev.? its a 4 mill motor stock cylinder with 198* exhaust and 130* transfers its got t-5's and vforce 30mm pwk's as of now. not sure how those specs compare to what these pipes like?

Edited by camatv

I would like to see a comparison on a as cast cub that is nothing but cleaned up. The front side of the graph looks way off to me. A as cast 4mm dont peak as high but are a good 20-30hp stronger at 8000 on my dyno and several that i have seen on other dynojets. Not questioning your design it just raised an eyebrow to me compared to everything we have done and everything that i have seen from other builders.

I would like to see a comparison on a as cast cub that is nothing but cleaned up. The front side of the graph looks way off to me. A as cast 4mm dont peak as high but are a good 20-30hp stronger at 8000 on my dyno and several that i have seen on other dynojets. Not questioning your design it just raised an eyebrow to me compared to everything we have done and everything that i have seen from other builders.

You are just up the road a little ways. If you have some particular engine cast or ported and or some different pipes to test with. These pipes are available to test.

Yeah Andy I replied to this on the other forum, but huh, that thread is gone..go figure. This engine is a little high strung but its all we had access to on GAS at the time.The engine we actually developed this pipe on made 101.5HP on Shearers and GAS but it wasnt available on testing day. If you have a GAS bike to test them on in the 400+cc range, 90+ HP range on GAS feel free to contact me and we'll test them on your bike as well as some other test we want to do. We havnt made the meth runs yet and may need to tune the pipe further. We intend on offering GAS and Meth version if needed in the end. let me know...Jim

You are just up the road a little ways. If you have some particular engine cast or ported and or some different pipes to test with. These pipes are available to test.

yep yep

Edited by locogato11283

Yeah Andy I replied to this on the other forum, but huh, that thread is gone..go figure. This engine is a little high strung but its all we had access to on GAS at the time.The engine we actually developed this pipe on made 101.5HP on Shearers and GAS but it wasnt available on testing day. If you have a GAS bike to test them on in the 400+cc range, 90+ HP range on GAS feel free to contact me and we'll test them on your bike as well as some other test we want to do. We havnt made the meth runs yet and may need to tune the pipe further. We intend on offering GAS and Meth version if needed in the end. let me know...Jim

yep yep

Do you have that dyno graph? I'm just curios how the pipe will perform vs a shearer on a motor that is like 99% of the cubs out there which is close to as cast. I'm not bashing your work or your pipe but a little high strung is not 20-30hp off in the mid range. Now I know that there are diff in dynos and builders ect ect but it seems that the pipe works much better than the shearer on your portwork but what about as cast or every other builder.

I know I'm right down the road. Jim knows where my shop is as well. This is jims pipe and jim is doing the r&d, just asking some questions and stating what I see. I promise I'm not the only builder who has these questions.

Do you have that dyno graph? I'm just curios how the pipe will perform vs a shearer on a motor that is like 99% of the cubs out there which is close to as cast. I'm not bashing your work or your pipe but a little high strung is not 20-30hp off in the mid range. Now I know that there are diff in dynos and builders ect ect but it seems that the pipe works much better than the shearer on your portwork but what about as cast or every other builder.

I know I'm right down the road. Jim knows where my shop is as well. This is jims pipe and jim is doing the r&d, just asking some questions and stating what I see. I promise I'm not the only builder who has these questions.

If you have a 421 cub on gas that will make 90 horse-power @ 8000 rpm on sandtraxs dyno I will pay for the dyno time????

Were anxious to see how the pipe does on several formats, not just the stock cast setups. From looking at the dyno sheet its only 12 horses down at 7000rpm compared to your 421 methanol dyno sheet in the dyno section, that sounds about right on a gas vs. methanol comparison, not sure where you got 20-30 hp difference in the midrange. I wasnt trying to showcase the motor, just showing how well the pipes did. But as you can personally attest to, my cubs run beyond hard. Were looking forward to more tests on different formats of our own and from different builders as well. Were certain of the outcome in advance, thats the beauty of real science. I'll keep you posted as the results start coming in...Jim

Edited by PassionRE

I never said that we did but i can show you that much or more on alky. Honestly i dont have a bike in the shed that is on gas. Ill look threw some dyno sheets and see if i can dig one up im sure i have some, but most likely not with the exact combination of parts (except pipe) that you guys used so that wouldnt really be fair anyway. Im not trying to turn this into a pissing match so dont take it that way, you obviously have a dog in this fight (a fight it is not). I just dont think that a unbiased test can be made comparing jims new pipe to matts if jim did all the porting. Dont get me wrong i hope that this pipe works just as jim says it does. I would love to try a set on one of my bikes on my dyno which i have plenty of dyno charts with shearers now.

Jim your post on atvdragracers got deleted because you are not an advertiser and they took your post as an advertisement as well as they might here. Matt is a sponsor on adr and pays to do what you were doing for free. Im in now way a mod nor did i ask for your post to be removed and dont think that anybody did. I like competition as it spawns for better parts. Im not a pipe builder nor do i want to be so i do not have a dog in this fight so to speak.

Were anxious to see how the pipe does on several formats, not just the stock cast setups. From looking at the dyno sheet its only 12 horses down at 7000rpm compared to your 421 methanol dyno sheet in the dyno section, that sounds about right on a gas vs. methanol comparison, not sure where you got 20-30 hp difference in the midrange. I wasnt trying to showcase the motor, just showing how well the pipes did. But as you can personally attest to, my cubs run beyond hard. Were looking forward to more tests on different formats of our own and from different builders as well. Were certain of the outcome in advance, thats the beauty of real science. I'll keep you posted as the results start coming in...Jim

At 8000rpm it is around 25hp difference and i have done many since that make 90-100 at 8000 rpm. Jim i have been into your motors as well as many other big name builders and you def have a style all of your own. Thats simply what i was trying to say is that the pipe seems to work well with your porting cant wait to see how it responds to everyone elses as well as Calvins.

I never said that we did but i can show you that much or more on alky. Honestly i dont have a bike in the shed that is on gas. Ill look threw some dyno sheets and see if i can dig one up im sure i have some, but most likely not with the exact combination of parts (except pipe) that you guys used so that wouldnt really be fair anyway. Im not trying to turn this into a pissing match so dont take it that way, you obviously have a dog in this fight (a fight it is not). I just dont think that a unbiased test can be made comparing jims new pipe to matts if jim did all the porting. Dont get me wrong i hope that this pipe works just as jim says it does. I would love to try a set on one of my bikes on my dyno which i have plenty of dyno charts with shearers now.

Jim your post on atvdragracers got deleted because you are not an advertiser and they took your post as an advertisement as well as they might here. Matt is a sponsor on adr and pays to do what you were doing for free. Im in now way a mod nor did i ask for your post to be removed and dont think that anybody did. I like competition as it spawns for better parts. Im not a pipe builder nor do i want to be so i do not have a dog in this fight so to speak.

At 8000rpm it is around 25hp difference and i have done many since that make 90-100 at 8000 rpm. Jim i have been into your motors as well as many other big name builders and you def have a style all of your own. Thats simply what i was trying to say is that the pipe seems to work well with your porting cant wait to see how it responds to everyone elses as well as Calvins.

No problem here Andy, everybody has different thoughts on these engines. Ultimately these pipes only being better on my engines only would be a very short sighted goal. So far, from what we can tell, I feel these pipes will make every reputable well studied builder look better. That is much more beneficial to me personally. I touched on it earlier, possibly on the other site(not sure), but once were up and going if builders have preferences on power delivery etc. we can match the pipe in pre-production to best suit a builders preference. These stampings are made a little different in where we have a lot of options in the end result. We have no problem working with other builders to match up there designs to work at their best. New experiences and testing really get one's mind going and that is where new innovative performance increases come from. Im all about learning new things such as you are. Were always looking for more power,just like you, and in this case, we have no problem spreading it around. Im sure you will have the same results we've had, and were glad to help. Once weve verified meth capability and are happy with the results, I really would like to meet up with you and see what you can gain from it. Seriously, were excited and I think you will be too....Jim

Edited by PassionRE