NEW INFRAMES

PassionRE

As a few of you may be aware ,of my great friend Gary Bilby of TST Engine Software an I have been working on a new inframe drag pipe for some time now. Gary and I are much alike in that we feel there is always more power to be had regardless of how pleased we are with results of our current set-ups. Honestly , we are diabolically driven by it. So driven, that Gary wrote his own pipe software just to develop this particular project.

Some might say that pipe design is not Rocket Science, but it might as well be. It takes 4 minutes for a modern PC processor just to simulate a 1 second real time event...that’s a ton of data. Were all about data. If the data doesn’t support it, it wont happen...period.

Goal: create the hardest hitting, max tq. and HP inframes for the CP Industries Cheetah Cub. These cylinders in stock form are by no doubt the most mathematically correct designs on the market. They have great potential for additional HP as well with extra porting and mods. All the version of it are similar and predictable when modified. In creating this pipe we needed a correct design to base it on. Good math in, good predictability of our pipe in the design phase.

Not all engines run best with a certain pipe. But choose a category specific engine style in the design process, and the results are much better. Its also easier to tune the pipe for a certain engine type.

Our pipe was designed on the 421 cc Cheetah Cub but will also run well on others as well up to around 600cc. Once we are fully tooled for production, I will place a port mapping guideline on my website for a tool for people to use to calculate a few things before contacting us to see if this pipe might work for them. We also have tunability of the pipe capability in pre-production to custom tune it for your engine based on you port mapping specs you provide based on the guidelines on my website.

It will be offered in our standard form for gas and methanol, along with custom tuned versions discussed above.

Some OEM cylinder porting designs will be able to use it as well. Im quite familiar with most of the major engine builders designs and some of them will fall into the correct engine specification needed for best results. Regardless, the mapping guidelines I will offer will be the last word...its that math thing again, you cant get around it. Real science makes real results.

Our first stampings are finally in and I have a few pics and a dyno run against a very good pipe offered on the market currently. We hope to be in full production be end of summer.

Special attention to physical design was based on input from my customers over the years. GOOD body english, no hitting the frame, head, carbs. You can run the stock air box, it clears the bigger cylinders. It has good plug access, and yes, it even clears a Pingle. Welcome to the new standard. Point em’ out, and take em’ down SNIPER PIPES....Jim Smart PASSION RACING ENGINES

INTRODUCING....SNIPER INFRAMES

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g215/passionre/Photo0064_001.jpg

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g215/passionre/Photo0067_001.jpg

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g215/passionre/Photo0062_001.jpg

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g215/passionre/Photo0066.jpg

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g215/passionre/sniper.jpg

Dyno sheet is 421 CUB on gas, near stock port timing, 180psi, 40 mill Lectrons, VF3's 7 deg advance

Edited by PassionRE

Sweet. the chamber looks smaller than most? Similar to the old T4s. You plan on having these in production this summer? Ill try a set on my drag bike build ill be starting soon or on the stock cylinder 4mill I just finished. Any idea on a price? Shoot me a pm. If you need a test dummy Let me no. I planned on running CPI's when funds allow but........a black set of these would look real nice. lol. Hit me up. im very interested in these.

Sweet. the chamber looks smaller than most? Similar to the old T4s. You plan on having these in production this summer? Ill try a set on my drag bike build ill be starting soon or on the stock cylinder 4mill I just finished. Any idea on a price? Shoot me a pm. If you need a test dummy Let me no. I planned on running CPI's when funds allow but........a black set of these would look real nice. lol. Hit me up. im very interested in these.

Alf, they are actually bigger in diameter than even a CPI...only out of the way..heres a different shot....Jim

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g215/passionre/Photo0063_001-1.jpg

how could you look at that picture and think its the same size as a t-4??

what do the silencers look like. any idear on pricing? what port numbers are they liking?? i'm looking for a different pipe to try on my next revvv 350 stock cylidner tryout. ?

how could you look at that picture and think its the same size as a t-4??

what do the silencers look like. any idear on pricing? what port numbers are they liking?? i'm looking for a different pipe to try on my next revvv 350 stock cylidner tryout. ?

Cam, will these pipes feel a lot like the shearers we tried out on saturday or the CPI's I had for a while? You know how much I didnt like those lol!

Make an end cap that will hold a dome spark arrestor screen and it would sell really good. None of the Drag pipe MFG's offer any kind of spark arrestor other than those clamp on cobra sparkies. I know a spark arrestor isnt good for power but some places where you would like to put your power on display require them. If you made it easly removeable with 3-4 allen head bolts per side that would be a hit. No more scratched silencers.

Kind of like how the trinity spark arrestors are.

josh

Make an end cap that will hold a dome spark arrestor screen and it would sell really good. None of the Drag pipe MFG's offer any kind of spark arrestor other than those clamp on cobra sparkies. I know a spark arrestor isnt good for power but some places where you would like to put your power on display require them. If you made it easly removeable with 3-4 allen head bolts per side that would be a hit. No more scratched silencers.

Kind of like how the trinity spark arrestors are.

josh

I agree.. a quick change spark arrestor would make things nice! I really like the way the new toomey sparkies are.. just a snap ring.. done..

Thanks for the input on the silencers. We did the dyno runs using the same set of silencers on each set of pipes. We are going to use circlips with sparky capability. Were trying to cover all the bases...Jim