BANSHEE BOYZ RACING

quaddad817

I spoke to kenny and he told me HE NEVER SAID A 200 DOLLAR PORT JOB WILL OUTRUN A CUB!!!! (yea he flipped..)

He told me it was Dave from Rocket pipes. If you go on ebay, you will find Dave's page - http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Banshee-drag-dune-cylinder-porting-service_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem1e59cd7ac6QQitemZ130355657414QQptZMotorsQ5fATVQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

But hey, you can also find Dave on BansheeHq - http://bansheehq.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=124496

Someone please tell me where they found that BansheeBoyz porting will outrun a cub. Geez, he makes spelling mistakes but you guys can't read and start a bunch of BS...

Kenny is a nice guy and sounds very knowledgeable. So far he has 100% good feedback. I plan on doing business with him soon.

Edited by Alex29573

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think anyone is saying only site sponsors are worthy of doing Banshee work, they just happen to be the most used and trusted on this board. So it is easy to recommend them, and they have been proven here to do high quality work.

Now, I shouldn't have ragged on the dude so bad in my original post, but if you are selling a product or service, it will bring you much more credibility if you take the time to set up a web site that is easy to use, factually correct, written somewhat clearly, and punctuated correctly. Someone who doesn't even take the time to set up a web site that barely meets those standards seems to me like someone who doesn't mind cutting corners, and I more than likely wouldn't use them. I think that's the crux of this argument.

Here's my logic:

I don't know these dudes personally, and I'm sure not going to fly down to FL to have a cup of coffee with them, so the website is all I would have to go on before buying parts from them, and that doesn't make a great first impression by any shot. I would much rather buy from somewhere else, as I think most people would agree. Which is what the OP was asking.

You summed it up perfectly!

Fellow BansheeHQ Members,

I feel like I should speak up here and put in my opinions.

Most of you guys know that I didn't buy this site to make a bunch of money. I bought this site because riding banshees is what I do and I have made a ton of friends on here. I wanted to keep it going and improve it by offering shirts, sweatshirts, hats, stickers and beanies so that we could help out our forum sponsors and to represent the fastest bikes out there. Since I bought BansheeHQ I have been offered two and three times what I paid for the site. I declined all offers. I know what those clowns will do to an awesome website like this.

The point of that was that I won't even accept all sponsorships for BansheeHQ. Someone with negative feedback or who is an asshole can take a hike for all I care.

I have spoken with Ken Kimbler from Bansheeboyz.com. I too was under the impression that these guys were from the northeast. In fact, they are not. They are actually from Atmore, AL. It just so happens that Ken is good friends with David and Doug Despress, who now own the Rocket Pipes company, who I have also personally talked to.

Ken contacted me last month about sponsoring BansheeHQ. At that time I took a look at his site and informed him that based solely upon the looks of his site that he probably wouldn't get much if any business on BHQ. I pointed out some of the grammar and spelling errors to him and he acknowledged that it was indeed pretty bad. I told him that when and if he got his page fixed that it would be a better time to sponsor the site. He agreed.

Ken is one of the nicest guys I have talked to in the business. He is a well spoken guy who seems to know a thing or two about banshees. On top of that, it sounds like his customers are happy with their work. I actually have yet to read a negative comment about Ken or his work. The owners of Rocket Pipes also only had good things to say about him.

I will agree that his website needs work. I am a stickler for grammar, punctuation and spelling and that's why I told Ken what I did.

One of the reasons that I considered Ken for sponsorship was because of his location. He is down south and services a lot of bikes in Alabama, Georgia, South Carolina, Florida and Mississippi. BansheeHQ has sponsors all over the United States and I thought Ken might be a good addition to HQ because of his location. I am still waiting to hear back from Ken about sponsorship as we talked before the holidays and I am sure he got busy.

Bottom line, I believe Ken's character to be good and up to par with the rest of the site sponsors. I am not familiar with his work but haven't heard any negative yet. I suppose only time will tell because we all know the bad comes out eventually.

I am not saying that you should use Ken for anything. I am simply saying I think he's a nice guy that really wants to break out of just the south when it comes to banshees.

Your favorite tan and jacked guy,

Tyler

Hey loco I have not bought or used any of Kenny's services or products (yet) but I must say I have talked to him on the phone a few times and he has been very helpful and offered his knowledge to me free of charge with no expectations of me buying any thing! I too thought he seemed like a very nice and upstanding kind of guy. Seems to me there are a lot of immature people that have got nothing better to do than to talk crap about people and things that they know nothing about. I love this site and i agree it is probably,along with atvdragracers.com, the best site I have been on. I just hate to see peoples ignorance degrade this site and its purpose.You are doing a great job with it so keep up the good work and thanks for giving us banshee fans a place to go. P.S. if any body really wants to find out about Kenny(BANSHEEBOYZ) then just give him a call his personal number is on his website

Here's my thing.

When I see "boyz" I think of a 12 year old kid texting his friends w wordz lik dis n shit. The whole short hand text language is beyond me.

I'm sure this Kenny guy is a helluva nice guy. But having that "boyz" moniker is going to cause many to not take his shop seriously.

Just my .02.

banshee boyz did my port work and i ran stock stroke 64mm bore 34mm pjs and he told me how to set it up bike ran a 12.6 in the 1/4 without being fully jetted right.. he knows what he is talking about so dont judge him by the way he types ( thats just plain fucking stupid )

get the fuck outta here.do u have a 16 tooth front and rear with 25 inch tires.highly doubt it.

wow! this one got wierd..... i tried to find the ebay auction i was asking about but. its allready done.... when i posted this thread it was over the ebay auction for stock cylinder porting regular 350.00 auction special 200.00! it said ''dont waist your money on cheetah cub cylinders" and even said that this perticular port job an a 350 will out run a 421 cub....... this was all off ebay!!!!!!!

i dident even see there website....... i dont give a shit about grammer or spelling!

So.... the ebay listing's are frome someone else? :confused:

wow! this one got wierd..... i tried to find the ebay auction i was asking about but. its allready done.... when i posted this thread it was over the ebay auction for stock cylinder porting regular 350.00 auction special 200.00! it said ''dont waist your money on cheetah cub cylinders" and even said that this perticular port job an a 350 will out run a 421 cub....... this was all off ebay!!!!!!!

i dident even see there website....... i dont give a shit about grammer or spelling!

So.... the ebay listing's are frome someone else? :confused:

obviously u dont care about spelling "frome".gurt b. frome.lol.either the listing changed or something but i saw nowhere on their ebay page claiming stock cyl. to beat a cub.they did claim mid 70's hp for $200.i havent seen their company internet website though.whatever-i dont care.

Here's my thing.

When I see "boyz" I think of a 12 year old kid texting his friends w wordz lik dis n shit. The whole short hand text language is beyond me.

I'm sure this Kenny guy is a helluva nice guy. But having that "boyz" moniker is going to cause many to not take his shop seriously.

Just my .02.

I agree with this.. I saw the name on ebay.. and thought it was some backyard teens with a dremmel.