Where to by Methanol in Oregon?

vdubn

So, I got this complete 4mil setup, that runs Alcohol, and I got it from someone on the east coast that said they can get Methanol at the pump at certain locations, and its around $3 per gal. Well, after looking a bit around here, it looks closer to $10 per gallon :blink: To top it off, it looks like I can only get it in quantities of 5 or 55 gallon.

So, I am hoping someone on here can point me somewhere that I can more easily get this stuff, and hopefully for closer to half the price I have been seeing.

I really want to run alky, but if this is the price I have to pay, I will have to rethink it.

Thanks in advance for any advice...

The guy was probably talking about E85.

That is what I thought, but he confirmed it was Methanol... doesn't make sense that in Michigan they can get this stuff for less than $4 per gallon, but he has no reason to make it up.

Ok, so I finally found a place in Portland that sells the stuff to the public.

It is Methanol, and it comes in two forms. One is standard, and the other is high-filtered. The guy says that he sells the standard to a bunch of racers, couple of drag strips, etc., so it should work fine.

If you buy it by the 55 gallon drum, it is about $3/gallon, + the deposit on the barrel, environmental fee, etc., so about $200 for the whole 55 gallons... sweet! The high filtered stuff is $6.50 per gallon, so a huge difference in price.

The place is Tarr, LLC, in Portland, their number is 503-288-5294. If you have a business, you can apply for an account and get shipping to your business, or as a joe public customer, just go down and pick it up.

Hope this helps anyone looking for affordable Methanol.

$10.00 a gallon :blink: wow that would be crazy. it typically runs in the $3.00 range in az it has been a few years since I have purchased it though.

if you have never run methanol before, something to remember is you will go through a lot more methanol than you will gas. So if your day of riding typically consumes 10 gal of fuel you may need up to 20 on methanol.

Edited by desertdeweller