485 Cheetah build

bonbon

Well I got my crank today and after a couple hours of working on it I am ready for a clutch cover and then to put this baby in the frame! I should have it fired sometime tomorrow afternoon.

P4070012.jpg

P4070014.jpg

P4070015.jpg

P4070020.jpg

P4070029.jpg

And here are a couple pics of the roller it's all going in to. I've added some +2+1 Lonestar arms up front, a +4 out back that I've had laying around for about a year, and some new tires. The rears are 22x11x10 10 paddles and the front are Skat Trak Mohawks. Hopefully I didn't over paddle it, I would like some 9 paddles (I like to spin when I'm climbing) but these were just too good of a deal to pass up. I think I shouldn't have much of a problem blowing them off of the line.

P4070016.jpg

P4070017.jpg

And thanks to Jeff for the cheetah kit and case work.

Well I got my crank today and after a couple hours of working on it I am ready for a clutch cover and then to put this baby in the frame! I should have it fired sometime tomorrow afternoon.

P4070014.jpg

Isn't it a little cold to be going bare foot in Rock Springs this time of year?

Not to mention I hope he put the circlip in the correct place before he bolted it together!

I have a 485 cheetah myself. Your def going to need a longer swinger. That motor is going to be a blast!

Not when I put it together in my basement.........I think you just have a foot fetish. I didn't even notice it was in there.

Not to mention I hope he put the circlip in the correct place before he bolted it together!

I have a 485 cheetah myself. Your def going to need a longer swinger. That motor is going to be a blast!

Yeah I just tossed the crank in and took a pic. I still had to put the seals on. It has a maxload also on the output side of the crank and they come with a full circlip so I didn't need to use that one.

I hope it's a wheelie king, I love riding beside someone about 40mph then looking at them and then I just wheelie away from em!

Should be a torque monster Jon, hollar if you need anything else. Have Fun!

Looks like your gonna have a fun time with that rig, you doing an override? I think you should get a longer swinger cause shes gonna be a wheelie king!

No over ride, maybe a duneable next year.

Should be a torque monster Jon, hollar if you need anything else. Have Fun!

Hell yeah I can't wait. Hopefully the rain holds off here and I can get out to the dunes later today or tomorrow.

Here are a few pics of the finished product. Just have to pick up some zip ties and finish tying some shit up. Other than that she is ready to ride!

P4100035.jpg

P4100036.jpg

P4100037.jpg

P4100038.jpg

Yeah I know the plastics are all scratched up and stressed. It's a combo of the toolbox in my truck and a few to many endos at the dunes. I've never been much for looks. Maybe next winter will be the time to tear down and make it all shiny.

I also need to find some shocks valved for the wider arms. Either going to drop the coin on some new elkas this summer or hopefully find a set for sale. I can't get these re-valved, I have to ride!!!

Hey I see your from Rock Springs I am from Buffalo I moved here from Utah and just bought me another Banshee. Is the dunes there good to ride all summer never been there going to Utah to pick up the new bike on the 18th cant wait been almost 10 years since I sold my last one. Also how far out of RS are the Dunes.

Thanks

Hey I see your from Rock Springs I am from Buffalo I moved here from Utah and just bought me another Banshee. Is the dunes there good to ride all summer never been there going to Utah to pick up the new bike on the 18th cant wait been almost 10 years since I sold my last one. Also how far out of RS are the Dunes.

Thanks

Yeah the dunes are good all summer long. Doesn't ever really get too hot and has some mild nights. They are about 30 miles north of Rock Springs. There is 23 miles of usually rough dirt road though that stops a lot of people from going out there so it usually isn't crowded at all. About 15,000 acres of rideable dunes however they aren't as large as say Little Sahara in Utah or St. Anthony. Still a hell of a lot of fun though. There are are few 100-200 ft tall ones but mostly smaller.